Ohlins Damper Stock Position for Gen II Busa Question

goblinsix

Registered
For the Gen II Busa I see that there are two types of Ohlins Steering Dampers that replace the stock kit. One of the direct replacement in the stock position and the other is the kit that goes on the tank. I can't remember but did anyone have any issues with the Ohlins Damper that fits in the stock position replacing the standard unit? If my memory serves me correctly there was someone on the forum that was having problems getting it to fit without some extra brakets and cutting. Or is my mind failing me in my old age?

The Ohlins unit that goes in the stock position is $235 versus $535 for the on the tank version for the Gen II Busa, so there's certainly a price different to consider wheni can add the $300 extra to a Gilles or Vortex Rear Set.

So, is there anything that I need to know about swapping out the Suzuki unit for a direct replacement Ohlins?

Regards,
John

What gets you in trouble with the OEM position Ohlins damper is the brake lines. If you put 1 inch risers on your tree to raise the bars without adding longer brake lines you'll find the stock length brake lines are stretched pretty tight creating an issue around the damper.

Otherwise the OEM position damper works just fine! :beerchug:

Yep, that was me above. There is a SPECIFIC bracket adapter for the K8 that is a little longer than the kit bracket. If you want everything else to stay same, that different bracket is a must and I have the pics to prove it.

Back