Oh Crap moment!!

Nice video! Cameras and audiences seem to push us past our comfort zone.:whistle: Great job not panicking and recovering!

Having the camera following definitely makes us push a little harder when riding. It takes some self control to keep from pushing to hard.

Nice recover! I wouldn't exactly be looking to drag my knee though if I didn't have and padding over it....:whistle:

The bike rode it out really well, even after it unloaded it stayed planted.
I did not know I was getting that low in the curve until the video so I am looking for riding pants now to be on the safe side encase I do touch my knee down. I have touched down one time before and it is rough with jeans on.

In retrospect, you are lucky that the kickstand is free moving and spring loaded. If you put the bike on the rear stand and lift the kickstand up, and try pushing it, it will move slightly for at least a small distance. As a result, it didn't unload too much of the bike's weight - maybe a little, and just made some grinding noise. That's why it stayed planted. If it was not bendable in that respect, this could've been a big Ouch. Still props to you for not panicking.

Last edited:
draggin with no pucks, you are crazy... and move your head towards the inside of the corner vs the center of the windscreen,.... notice the difference yet? ride safe and nice save!

Your suspension probably isn't set up right. Too soft. If you weigh more than 175 pounds or so, you'll likely need new internals, front and rear.

Also, if you're tall enough, get a set of dogbones for a 1" lift on the rear. Leave the front as is.

Do the above and you won't have that problem again! ;)

--Wag--

Back