Off to the hospital

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
I posted a little before Christmas that my wife was diagnosed with papillary (sp?) thyroid cancer and today is the day we have it removed.  The procedure is this morning and we are leaving in about 15 minutes.  

Depending on how the surgery goes, she will be in the hospital from 1-4 days and I'm going to be staying there with her.  My parents are retired and have come up to stay with my youngest (14) so there is adult supervision (he was bummed  
laugh.gif
 ).

I'm taking my laptop but I'm not sure if I will have internet access and wanted to let you guys know that the kind thoughts, prayers and support that we received from the org during the holidays meant a lot to us.

-Dan & Diana Timmer

Prayers out, keep us informed on how she is doing today.

Y'all are in my prayers. May God guide the hand of the surgeon and comfort your wife in His hand.

Thanks guys, this place is the best!!
bowdown.gif

The hospital has free wireless access so I have something to do for the next 2 hours.

I got a call about 20 minutes ago from the operating room.  Part of her lymph node has been removed and sent to pathology.  They were about to remove the left side of the thyroid where the cancer is, then they still have to take out the right side.  

We are now 3 hours into a 2 hour procedure.

***another update***
The lady at the admitting desk just asked me to take the flowers that were sent for her to the car because there are not rooms at the hospital for her to go in to once she gets out. I was also told that she may have to sit in recovery for 3 to 4 hours before a room is ready and that I'm NOT allowed in the recovery area.

Back