been a long three weeks

May Gods hand guide the surgeons.
please.gif

Praying for a full recovery.

Good thing she had it checked...
Good thoughts going her way that it all turns out well.
What a crappy way to spend a holiday... I'm sorry.

If her doc has her way, the surgery will be next week. I guess I'll be cooking the Christmas dinner this year. Anyone remember what they served on a Charlie Brown Christmas?

Thanks for the kind thoughts, it really does help.

My thoughts go out to you and your family. My neighbor went thru the same thing earlier this year. Everything went very smoothly for her and she is feeling much better now. I hope the same happens for your wife.

Keep your sense of humor around her! A smile goes a long way. Stay positive and good luck! Keep us posted.

Thanks for the insight into your life. These are the kinds of things that set this site apart from others.

Diana's surgeon just called and they had a cancellation so they asked if we can come in this afternoon instead of tomorrow.  We'll be heading out in about 2 hours.

Latest info...

The entire thyroid will be removed on January 4th. It appears that the cancer may have spread to the lymph node on the left side of her neck and we are going to have to do another set of tests to verify prior to the surgery. Next steps are to have the scan, remove the thyroid and possibly the lymph node from the left side then one high dosage of radioactive iodine to kill whatever is left of the thyroid after surgery. After that we will have to work on getting her on a hormone treatment program to replace what the thyroid used to provide.

-Dan

Back