OEM Rectifier / voltage regulator is WEAK

Blckbrd

Registered
with 1000 miles on the odometer, in the thick of TN Smokey Mountains and far from mechanical service let alone cell service, the rectifier on my 2009 called it quits.

Had to "borrow" the battery out of my buddy's ZX14, jump start his bike, and try to find a dealer many miles away. What a kick in the nutz .... really rained on an otherwise amazing ride.

Props to MR Motorcycle of Ashville, NC, who took a part off a floor bike to get me back on the road.

Any one else have or hear of factory voltage regulators being weak?

Thanks Schism. Good link ... it at least lets me know I am not alone and suggests that the rectifier is prone to problems. Gotta find an aftermarket one that holds up better I guess. No reason to have any confidence in the OEM one.

On my Gen1 I had no issue with the OE rectifier until 7 years had past. I replaced it with a new OE recitifier and didn't had any troubles with the new one. I still have complete confidence in the OE rectifiers. Just my .02

Thanks Schism. Good link ... it at least lets me know I am not alone and suggests that the rectifier is prone to problems. Gotta find an aftermarket one that holds up better I guess. No reason to have any confidence in the OEM one.
:beerchug: not a problem, glad it helped.

Back