NX nitrous explosion

OB_GSXRTURBO1

Registered
There is someone who has a fix for this. I know you're not supposed to advertise here, but you may want to contact a motor head who has experience in that area.

id like to know the details on this . i just bought a NX kit modified my some motor head myself . if theres somthing i need to watch out for id like to know...not exactly sure where ill be spraying from yet .

First, I would like to say Hello to everyone on this board. I have been watching it for a while but have not posted a message until now.

I have a 99 1300 with a NX nitrous kit on it. This past weekend I had an explosion caused from the nitrous kit. The explosion blew up the air box, carbs, gas tank etc. I was wondering where could I order a set of butterflies for the Mikuni/Denso fuel injection system for the 1300? They don't show on the dealers parts list or anywhere else that I have checked. I was running the 40 horsepower set up for anyone wondering. If know one knows where to get the butterflies from, what about someone parting out a busa?

Thanks in advance,
Motorbike Mike

What caused the explosion? I thought the NX kit was developed to eliminate that. Glad you're ok. How much did the kit cost? Are you going to try it again?

I was just talking to another member on this site last night that also bought this same system, and I told him that there was NO WAY I would run this system or any system unless it was through the head!

Through the head only!

Nitrous gases build up in confined areas such as airbox's and need plenty of CLEAN Air if your going to use it!

I wouldn't recommend useing any nitrous, unless it was in the head only!

And then I'm still not sure if I would use with an airbox on the bike?

You should be glad that your alright and you didn't get hurt!

NX Express should inform everybody of the possible dangers of their system, BEFORE selling!

Be very careful!

You do mean throttle bodies and not carbs, right? How do you have the nitrous set up to activate? Did you hit the rev limiter, or start spraying at too low of an RPM? Hope your o.k., the bike can be replaced.

Frank,

There is more to it then what you think. If you know what I'm talking about. I think the bike is capable of running 8.70s. The Nitrous was not used in first gear.

motorbike mike

Are the pistons melted or just crumb's? Also what jetting are you using on the nitros? IMHO less than a 4 number spread on the N2,0 jetting is asking for trouble. The backfire was most likely caused by a piece of piston breaking off,,,,allowing a spark to travel up the intake tract "via" a bent valve. Brian

lack of engine speed allowing flame front to travel faster than the intake valves time of duration.flame has no counter force due to low air speed allowing flame into the intake, into the airbox.physics says no spark no fire.

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 04 May 2000).]

thats why yours uses a window switch and a solid state relay.any rpm interuption will shut the system down quickly.i'm not getting into this topic again.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you guys.

I would like to thank everyone for their input. I think the cause was rider error. A friend was riding the bike and hit the rev limiter twice and still ran a 9.48 @ 158 mph, I think. He was hauling a$$. Frank, it is set up through the head. There is no other way to put it on a Busa. The kit costs me 500 dollars because I bought a kit for an R1. My friend is ok and the bike is not in that bad of shape either. My friend is more valuable then the bike any day. I can't replace him. But, trust me he won't ride the R1 on nitrous! I can see him flipping the bike over now. Motor head I will get in contact with you via email about the window switch. I don't think the Busa can handle another explosion.

Thanks again,
Motorbike mike

Back