Now, here's a real dreamer....

like the start of a 2-stroke Mx race!
I've been to a few of those old school races back in the '80s...

I remember we went to one in the '70s and when they took off the cloud of 2 stroke smoke was like fog.

Kind of like the snowmobile races I used to go watch...those would go by and they'd hurt your ears.

I've been to a few of those old school races back in the '80s...

I remember we went to one in the '70s and when they took off the cloud of 2 stroke smoke was like fog.

Kind of like the snowmobile races I used to go watch...those would go by and they'd hurt your ears.
I raced 250B(1997 cr250)
1997 and 1998 seasons
I then realized how much I enjoyed the ability to walk and breath...so I quit while I still could, lol.
I think that was the greatest era in MX too. As the 2-strokes were winding down, with Doug Henry already on a Yamaha 450 4-stroke in the pros, and Freestyle MX was exploding on to the scene.
Macgrath had been doing the Nac-Nac, and Windham would do a Heel-Clicker over the Checkers if they placed!
A big deal in those days!
I could do a Nac-Nac and a Tail-Whip.
Metzger and Hart started going big...then some kid named Pastrana showed up and changed Everything!
Then the 2-strokes died, the fad of FreeStyle began to fade.
The Nitro-Circus showed up and amazed everyone again, and the hype eventually fizzeled out.
About the same with street stunting.
I/We did wheelies, stoppies, seat-standers, and skitching/skiing.
Girls, kids,(and us fan boys, lmao) used to love it.
Eventually the internet took over and the hoons got old.
I still try and cause a little havoc on occasion...but my how things have changed.

I raced 250B(1997 cr250)
1997 and 1998 seasons
I then realized how much I enjoyed the ability to walk and breath...so I quit while I still could, lol.
I think that was the greatest era in MX too. As the 2-strokes were winding down, with Doug Henry already on a Yamaha 450 4-stroke in the pros, and Freestyle MX was exploding on to the scene.
Macgrath had been doing the Nac-Nac, and Windham would do a Heel-Clicker over the Checkers if they placed!
A big deal in those days!
I could do a Nac-Nac and a Tail-Whip.
Metzger and Hart started going big...then some kid named Pastrana showed up and changed Everything!
Then the 2-strokes died, the fad of FreeStyle began to fade.
The Nitro-Circus showed up and amazed everyone again, and the hype eventually fizzeled out.
About the same with street stunting.
I/We did wheelies, stoppies, seat-standers, and skitching/skiing.
Girls, kids,(and us fan boys, lmao) used to love it.
Eventually the internet took over and the hoons got old.
I still try and cause a little havoc on occasion...but my how things have changed.
I remember when I saw a guy do a backflip on a quad....and he was a long way up in the air....crazy stuff...

I was crazy but never that crazy..

Back