Not to be depressing but...

i would have a hard time turning my head at 201mph, but I would try it anyway. :hammerhead:

Its a FREE country for now wear what you like. I will agree that I do feel naked without my gear,helmet, gloves, boots and jacket. I dont where leather pants or chaps just jeans I have never felt comfortable in just a t-shirt. I have a perforated leather jacket for hot summer days and just purchased a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket its a light weight mesh armored jacket. I used to live in a state with no helmet law and I have riden w/o one. I think Sportbike riders tend to gear up more than cruizers.Its should be left up to the rider Whether or not to wear a helmet.No rider is out there to be a statistic.Shinny side up PLEASE. :D

I am 52 and have ridden high power sport bikes for over 30 years. I have fallen off twice, both times my fault. Without a doubt the hayabusa is the ultimate bike for me. I've had all the italian exotics and jap racers. Traded a guzzi sport and a sukuki tl1000r for the hayabusa. no comparison. 20 years were spent riding the california coastal mountains in the twisties. You can ride fast safely if you are careful (and have a little luck.) I have never been hurt on a bike. If I die tomorrow on my bike I will say it has all been worth it. I always wear full protection, Arai helmet, belstaff jacket, racing boots, in cold weather full leather (which is not overly comfortable). If below 40 degrees i wear gerbing heated riding suit.

If you want to go fast it is much easier with proper eye and ear protection. We have no helmet law in my state and it's mostly the harley crowd sans helmet. This is natural selection in process.

Im 33, been riding sportbikes since teens, now have a 2000 Busa, and the most valuable thing I learned when getting aboard my first bike was to expect everyone else around me to do the exact opposite of what they should do. Yes, the old "but I had the right of way!" cannot be used on a bike. I wear jeans, t-shirts, no helmet around town (small city) and if self induced stupidity is not entered in the equation, and as long as you expect everyone else to do the wrong thing, motorcycling is safe without a batsuit. just my 2 pennies

Im 33, been riding sportbikes since teens, now have a 2000 Busa,  and the most valuable thing I learned when getting aboard my first bike was to expect everyone else around me to do the exact opposite of what they should do.  Yes, the old "but I had the right of way!" cannot be used on a bike.   I wear jeans, t-shirts, no helmet around town (small city) and if self induced stupidity is not entered in the equation, and as long as you expect everyone else to do the wrong thing, motorcycling is safe without a batsuit. just my 2 pennies
The trouble with that Batman, is the Joker is always around the corner. 99 out of 100 issues you are fine with but it just takes the one. Stay safe. :D

Back