Not Guilty!!  Again!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
For those who don't know, I got 3 speeding tickets in 2 months back in Dec and Jan
pissed.gif

I used the option to Trial by Declaration and I just found out another ticket's case has been dismissed!
biggrin.gif

The update;
Ticket 1 - Not guilty
Ticket 2 - Case dismissed
Ticket 3 - Still pending, should find out in 3-5 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed
biggrin.gif
But if I lose, I can still request a standard trial. And if I lose that, I can go to traffic school!
cool.gif

muscle.gif

biggrin.gif

Lucky bastid! Congrats!

I'd tell ya to go buy a lotto ticket but you're already used up all your luck on those tickets!

--Wag--

(Poppy @ Jun. 17 2007,06:57)
(DaCol. @ Jun. 17 2007,09:10) What is Trial by Declaration
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
+1.......Oh, and were you speeding?
You plead your case through the mail...you state your case and the judge reads your statement
and the officer's report, then he makes a decision.

rock.gif

rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jun. 17 2007,09:25)
(Poppy @ Jun. 17 2007,06:57)
(DaCol. @ Jun. 17 2007,09:10) What is Trial by Declaration
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
+1.......Oh, and were you speeding?
You plead your case through the mail...you state your case and the judge reads your statement
and the officer's report, then he makes a decision.
I don't know if you can do it in other states, but in California you can plead your case without ever leaving home.

Just like a standard trial(if the cop doesn't show), if the cop doesn't submit his written declaration, you win. And if you lose, you can still get a standard trial to try again or ask for traffic school.

I got this from www.ticketassassin.com. Its also the website I used to develop and refine my defense.

There are many advantages to contesting by written declaration. The most obvious advantage: the officer gets paid $200-300 to show up in person at a court trial but gets paid NOTHING to complete this declaration paperwork. In my experience, about 30% of police officers fail to submit a response to the court by the deadline. If the officer does not turn in his declaration on time, your case is DISMISSED and your bail is returned. By simply contesting by written declaration, you stand a decent chance of dismissal regardless of your argument.

There are other advantages to a Trial by Written Declaration. Even if the officer does respond, you have a much better chance of a favorable judgment. The officer will not be able to refresh his memory of your case without seeing your face again in court. After writing 200-300 citations per month, it's difficult for any officer to remember the specific details of your particular stop. Since you will remember the details of the stop much clearer than the officer, you can usually write a much better declaration. Also, the intimidation that many defendants feel in meeting the officer in the formal setting of a court trial is eliminated by drafting a written declaration in the privacy and security of their homes. The result: most defendants are able to present a stronger case in writing than in person.

A friend of mine submitted a written declaration for speeding on the freeway; he was driving 93 in a 65, clearly in violation of the law. On his written declaration he wrote,"I'm not Guilty" with an orange crayon, misspelling "guilty". The officer who cited him did not respond; my friend received a dismissal notice and his $270 in bail back in the mail. If the officer does not respond, your case is dismissed and all your bail is returned, regardless of the merits of your argument.

In a Trial by Written Declaration, the judge is able to assess the case fairly and separately in his chambers. His decision can be based on the merits of the case alone, unbiased by the social circus that is the California traffic court. Even if the judge finds you guilty, he may suspend or reduce your fine and assign you to attend traffic violator school.

In a court trial, fine suspensions are rare and fine reductions are smaller. Judges find it difficult to reduce fines drastically in a court crowded with defendants all expecting the same good deal.[/Quote]

rock.gif

rock.gif

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 17 2007,02:35) Charles,

You know intimidation of public officials is against the law right?  
SHOCKED.gif

Congrats !!!  
biggrin.gif

super.gif
laugh.gif

Dude, I'm a skinny white guy. I can't intimidate a girl scout
AAAssjani.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 17 2007,09:49)

SHOCKED.gif

Congrats !!!  
biggrin.gif

super.gif
laugh.gif

Dude, I'm a skinny white guy.  I can't intimidate a girl scout    
AAAssjani.gif
Ain't that the truth
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Bull! You could itimidate a girl scout! Give your self a lil credit!
beerchug.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Jun. 17 2007,10:10) I guess this is another Cal thing ? Not 4 anyother's in the 49
rock.gif
I just don't know about any of the other states. You could try looking up your county's(parish/whatever) website about handling traffic tickets and see if Trial by Declaration is even an option. Normally your choices are;
Plead guilty and pay fine
Plead not guilty and go to trial
Get an extension
Plead guilty and go to traffic school
?Trial by Declaration?

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 17 2007,09:49)

SHOCKED.gif

Congrats !!!
biggrin.gif
super.gif
laugh.gif

Dude, I'm a skinny white guy. I can't intimidate a girl scout
AAAssjani.gif
I dont know bro, moms usually worn their daughters about skinny white guys..
poke.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Congrats !!!  
biggrin.gif

So stop braking the LAW...."RON"......you don't think for a minute that we believe Charles (A sweet innocent), of all people, is down there intimidating public officials do ya
rock.gif

C'monnnnnn....fess up....."you" made a little stop on the way home the other night, on Charles' behalf...now didn't'cha
rock.gif
cool.gif
....okay, a couple of little stops.............
tounge.gif

Let's put it this way, if Charles came storming through the doors of my judge's chambers screaming cruelty, and unfairness in the judicial system for motorcyclists.........I'd call "security".....(NO offense Charles-Bro).........

Now if YOU came storming through the doors of my judge's chambers screaming cruelty, and unfairness in the judicial system for motorcyclists.........I'd call for......

A CLEANUP ON AISLE THREE......................

You big hearted Brother you !!!!!!!!!!
super.gif

super.gif

"Everyone" let's hear it for RON !!!!!!
wink.gif

"Charles, stop getting caught breaking the law"......so Ron doesn't have to be doing any more of this sort of stuff for ya............
smileyexhibit.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

Back