Not braggin but ya gota tell somebody...

Popie

Registered
Good day at the drag strip last weekend...

DSCN1000.JPG

Congrats!
Best time? Speed over the quarter mile?

All stock with a streach and air shifter. The track I was at is concidered a high alttitude track. My best pass was in the final. I dialed 9.85 and ran 9.84 with an 8 at 146. I was happy as a little kid. It was a big class. Open to cars and bikes. Anything with DOT tires and no Delay Box. Went 7 rounds to get that

All stock with a streach and air shifter. The track I was at is concidered a high alttitude track. My best pass was in the final. I dialed 9.85 and ran 9.84 with an 8 at 146. I was happy as a little kid. It was a big class. Open to cars and bikes. Anything with DOT tires and no Delay Box. Went 7 rounds to get that
Congratulations!

Life goal right there! Congratulations sir.

Thanks Mr. Brown. And you are right. I got a Wally plaque a few years ago. But really wanted to get the real thing. And with my 70th birthday coming up I was running out of time. The stars must have been lined up just right. Or whatever:) I won the Pro Street class Saturday. And Got the Wally Sunday. Pretty excited and more then a little happy about all that.

@Popie Awesome !!! I remember getting a call years ago when the little team I do work for won his 1st .
What division are you in ?

Thanks... I'm in division 5. The NHRA track I run at the most was flooded twice this Summer. I have been running mostly IHRA because it was the next closest track to me. But last weekend I made the trip to the only NHRA track in Nebraska. Really glad I did.

Thanks... I'm in division 5. The NHRA track I run at the most was flooded twice this Summer. I have been running mostly IHRA because it was the next closest track to me. But last weekend I made the trip to the only NHRA track in Nebraska. Really glad I did.
Is that Pacific Junction?

Thanks Mr. Brown. And you are right. I got a Wally plaque a few years ago. But really wanted to get the real thing. And with my 70th birthday coming up I was running out of time. The stars must have been lined up just right. Or whatever:) I won the Pro Street class Saturday. And Got the Wally Sunday. Pretty excited and more then a little happy about all that.
I think everyone who's ever drag raced wants a Wally, I know I do!
Congratulations on both wins, you had quite the weekend!

Back