Not a good day

gloryboys

Donating Member
Registered
So I recently joined a new riding group, and on Sunday I attended their monthly ride out. Now some back ground on these guy's, They are all currently members of an advanced riding group.They have at some point taken and passed a test that brings them up to the closest standard that a civilian can obtain based on the same training and testing for a LEO Motor Officer, I myself have held this certification as civilian since 2006 and successfully retaken the test in 2009 which is a requirement to stay within the organisation and I'm due a further re-test in the coming weeks. Now the person leading the ride out can stipulate who can go along and in this instance allowed an associate to take part as he was currently under active training and had the green light from his instructor to take par. Unfortunately all did not go well for him as you can see from the pics below, he did however walk away from this somewhat embarrassed. The Pan is a right off but at least he walked away from it, unlike one of the instructors on his Triumph Street Triple. When Bob had been picked up by the wrecker they headed off to meet up with the rest of the group waiting down the road away's at McDonald's.Now apparently according to all that saw it happen this is including a Doctor in his car, That when Martin exited the Junction and accelerated the bike just dumped him on his ass hard at less that 10mph. The results were the bike bent its gear lever and scrapped the engine casing, He on the other hand required the attendance of an Ambulance crew and a trip to the emergency unit to have his leg plastered for a broken ankle. I don't have pics of the second crash as I wasn't there but go home get my car and drive him the hundred mile round trip back to his place and explain to his wife why he was 'A' not on his bike, 'B' in his underwear and 'C' who the hell I was as we had never met before. All ended well, other than he is in plaster for six weeks. So go figure one guy dumps it at high speed into a field and walks away from a trashed motorcycle the other turning left at effectively no mph and ends up in plaster go figure. Needless to say the ride out got stopped and all went home until next month when we can all try again.

DSCF0019.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0021.JPG

DSCF0022.JPG

DSCF0028.JPG

DSCF0029.JPG

:thumbsup::thumbsup: to you for making the long drive to return the second rider back to his house/wife

Anytime you can walk (or hobble) away from a bike crash, it's a good day. I'm sure lessons were learned by all. One of the advantages of riding in a group is that if someone goes down, there are plenty of people willing to help. You certainly went over and above by taking him home. Good on ya!

That's a bad day but walking even if plastered is better than alternative. Hope everyone heals up an is riding soon.

Wow! Maybe we don't want a planned ride at the next Bash! Sounds like these guys were experienced too!

Glad everyone ok, and it wasn't more serious.

Very nice of you to take the guy home.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: to you for making the long drive to return the second rider back to his house/wife

Thanks for that guy's. But my thought process was that if the wife got a call saying "come get me from the emergency room" well she'd maybe freak and even with"I'm ok" still might not cut it so better to just get him home.

Congrats to you. If she had to drive that far anyone can imagine what could be going through her mind. You could have saved her day as well as others. Great job Sir

Curious, what caused the first crash? It looks so tame in the pictures.

Honestly I don't know, I was in front of him. If asked professionally I'd say sentry speed to high and target fixed on the bright colours and went that way. He said that he ran outta ground clearance !!

great job of ending the day as well as possible..hope the next one is better! :beerchug:

Accidents happen to even the most experienced; just glad he walked away and good for you being there to help out :thumbsup:

Back