Bad start to a beautiful day

BigmanZ

Registered
So I woke up today to a slight scare, my sister calling me to inform me that my dad was involved in a motorcycle accident. :/
He was with his RAT Pack, I think his Triumph club is called, doing a ride down Whidbey Island. Took a leaned corner and hit some gravel halfway through. As best as I can find out, it seems that he hit the gravel and lost control but was able to keep her up but the bike wasn't straight when he went from gravel back onto clean road. Bike straighted and bucked him off. Accounts from other bikers riding behind him were that he was airborn for over 30 feet before he face planted into asphalt and was out cold for acouple minutes after coming to a stop.
All I can say is I'm thankful for full riding gear. His helmet looks like somebody took a belt grinder and chisel to the chin and side, his riding jacket not far behind as all the buttons are pretty much missing from the front. An accident that probably could of killed somebody in lesser gear and my dad walks away with a sore back and neck....and a fractured thumb...he should of worn armored gloves like I told him.  
wow.gif

I took some pics of his helmet, an Arai (which he upgraded to about a month ago) and once we get his bike back tomarrow I'll see if I can snap some pics of the damage. Thankfully a person who lived above where the accident happened offered to keep the bike in his garage for acouple days so it wouldn't be inpounded. Anyways, gotta love full gear and full face helmets! The gear definitly paid off today.

Glad that your dad is okay... makes for a great gear testimonial; especiailly since you just never know when life will throw you a curveball.

I hope your dad doesn;'t have anything worse than the soreness he has now - and that he gets feeling better quickly!

Well they did scans of his head and chest at the hospital and said everything checked to be ok. He's gonna be taking the next week of work off to recoup alittle, guess we'll see what got tweeked in the wrong direction tomarrow when he wakes up.

Glad he's OK, My dad has been in a couple of bike accidents and it scared the crap outta me, he survived both, the worst one broke his collar bone and rashed him pretty good.

Glad you were able to post up a postive ending to that story.

Whew.

Tell your dad we hope he recovers well.

--Wag--

glad to hear your dad is going to be ok after a few days of working the kinks out
beerchug.gif
...thank goodness he was wearing his gear

Man what a scare.. My dad still rides at the young age of 74 He'll be at the gap again this year.. Thats one phone call I would not want get..

I'm so glad to here your dads a okay..
bowdown.gif

"his riding jacket not far behind as all the buttons are pretty much missing from the front."

"BUTTONS"...?
rock.gif
on a "RIDING JACKET"?
rock.gif

glad he's alright man...give'im a hug and tell to heal quick...oh and...get a new riding jacket...with heavy duty covered "ZIPPERS".

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

rock.gif

Back