Not a busa, cap bought a bike..

I have a Yamaha TTR 225 which is off road only.
I wish I had gone for a dual sport so I could ride it on the road, to an off road site.

Looks like the Captain got a real nice bike for his use.

I think the head light is more for on road riding so other vehicles can see us - more than
for night time riding, most 4 wheel vehicles have day light running lights - I know mine do.
One of my sons had a TTR225 years ago, it was a decent bike.

To be 100% honest, had I been able to find a Honda XR650L I would have snatched it up. I have been looking for one within 200 miles for months and couldn't find one that was reasonable.
That's definitely a good looking bike cap and great that it's a Suzuki altho i so have a soft spot for Hondas as well especially some of the older dirt/enduro bikes. I just had an 87 xr600r in my shop for some repairs and I had to go thru and teach the guy the starting sequence gonna had for them. I actually removed the auto decompression cable after the thing bit me and my leg hurt for days. Made me decide I would get something with an electric start for sure when and if I get one.

I always liked the DR400 and 650 but fell for the KTM 500. I don't get it out as often as I thought I would but it's a blast when I do. I know what you mean about the led headlight. Mine was a candle at best. I added an led which helped some but it still leaves a lot to be desired. I need to figure out something else.
151655505_545678249738383_3499557608648636197_n.jpg

One of my sons had a TTR225 years ago, it was a decent bike.
Yes the 225 is a decent bike and I rode it in the hills around Spanish Hills NV which is
just outside of Reno NV. It never let me down and would go anywhere I wanted to go
and there were some steep hills and valleys to ride over.

At the time I lived about 3 or 4 blocks away from the dirt where the trails started.
I walked the bike to and from the trails. One time when I was done riding I saw a motorcycle Cop
go by me at the trail head. I removed my helmet and gloves and started walking the bike back
to the house, I got about 100 feet down the road and a police cruiser turned the corner ( I assume the
motorcycle Cop radioed him thinking I was going to ride it on the road) he stopped and said
I applaud you for walking your bike. I said it's not road legal and he again said well I applaud you
again for walking it as many riders don't. Lucky for me I only lived a few blocks away !

I have two TW 200 dual bikes and I've hurt myself more riding them then anything else. They have the biggest tire's I've seen on dual bikes and will climb anything. The bad part is what you climb you have to come down. I put Slime in the tires and ride through the cactus's not around them, just don't stop or fall LOL.

You gotta try some fast night riding through the trails, now were talking excitement !

Back