Nor Cal Pics 1-11-09

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Three of us did about 300 roundtrip miles up to Chico for lunch at Speedy Burrito. Great Mex food. Made a visit to the Bidwell Mansion on the Chico State grounds and a quick stop at a trailer park that the Ozz's called home thirty some years ago. Trailer is gone but fond memories still remain. Something about shopping carts left on the RR tracks. :whistle:

Made our way back home via some rough, dirty semi snow lined back roads and stretched our legs at Bullards Bar Dam, then on to Hwy 49 thru Auburn, where OZZ 2 headed home down the Interstate.

Ozz and I continued down 49 to hit one of our favorite twisties, Salmon Falls Rd.

Was another great day of riding, save Bosshounds mishap prior to kickoff. Our thoughts were with ya today Boss wish things didn't go as they did.

ride1-11-09005.jpg

ride1-11-09006.jpg

ride1-11-09011.jpg

ride1-11-09016.jpg

ride1-11-09018.jpg

One of the floating PooPers in dry dock. The SS Relief.
ride1-11-09028.jpg

ride1-11-09025.jpg

ride1-11-09029.jpg

Last edited:
Awsome time today, thanks for another fun run. Speedy Burrito was good food but I am affraid the after effects kicked in on the ride home, thank god I was in the back of the pack. :flush:

It was cool seeing the old stomping grounds after 40 years. Everything seemed so much bigger back than, funny how that works. Sorry to drag you along down memory lane Russ.

Feel terible for Robert, glad he is OK and hope he can join us on the next one. :beerchug:

I SOO wish I was there. Spent the Day starring at my bike......:down: nephew called and asked me if i wanted to go see a movie. "Grand Torino" is one of the best movies of 09. still wish i hadnt of Crashed Today. Gladd u guys had a good time and i will be back on the road soon
Posted via Mobile Device

I SOO wish I was there. Spent the Day starring at my bike......:down: nephew called and asked me if i wanted to go see a movie. "Grand Torino" is one of the best movies of 09. still wish i hadnt of Crashed Today. Gladd u guys had a good time and i will be back on the road soon
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't worry Boss, you will be tearing up the twisties in no time. Glad your nephew showed you a good time and got your mind of your troubles for a while.

Just wasent the same without you today.

Nice pics, as is the norm for you lucky Cali riders!
Hey Bosshound? Glad to hear that you seem to be OK! May I ask what happened? Did you drop the bus? DAYUUM!!

Russ: Awesome pix. You're talented with that camera...

Nicely done.

Glad you guys got out and had a great time...wish the "Boss" had been with you...

:beerchug:

Great weather for riding, indeed. Thank you for sharing and I hope I can ride with you guys some day.

NIce pics, I t seen like it was a ride just for orange bikes. :laugh:
they are not the fastest color but they look nice. Red is the fastest of all. :whistle:

Great weather for riding, indeed. Thank you for sharing and I hope I can ride with you guys some day.

Yeah, we need to get something planned. If someone can come up with a good route centrally located maybe we can get together soon. Anyone?

CBX Rider, BA Busa, Kento, vacivus plus us Sac Area Irregulars.

Great pics guys, good stomping grounds. Did you ride Oregon Hill Rd on up to Challenge? It's right on the west side of Boullards Bar Dam, first paved road going north. Leads to La Porte Rd.

I sit here depressed looking at those pics... At the time of this post it is -24, Yes that is NEGATIVE -24 degrees F in my neck of the woods in Minnesota. Add the current wind chill factor (-47) ??? Can't wait for busa weather! NICE PICS!!

Back