Noob Dumb Question

Zrultima

Registered
Hi guys I have a 2006 Hayabusa I have a seat cowl in the back of my bike but I cant seem to take it off I tried to turn the key and pull it out but to no luck its a stupid question but i have never had a seat cowl andwhere can i get a rear set for my bike cheap asap

The cable may be unhooked. Have you had it off before? I have seen success with using a paint stir stick to unlock it.

you should be able to feel the resistance from the cable as you turn the key to the right. while holding the key full right, pop the back of the hump with your hand. if it works...great. if not see link above for paint sticks!

These things don't always just pop up. Don't get carried away with a screwdriver or anything. Sounding like the previous owner did a no no. Best of luck.

Shouldnt be hard to take off. I know with mine I turn to key and have to use my finger nails to lift the rear of the cowl up to get it to come off. And I am the guy selling a brand new rear seat if you need it. $60 shipped. It has never been sat on, and I bought it from the dealership. It was put on the bike once to make sure it fits perfect in which it does. If your interested, send me a pm.

If you don't have any resistance and the key doesn't return to the starting position then the cable is not
inserted into the release correctly or at all. Don't ask me how I know this. :laugh:

You didn't say if this bike is new to you. Is this the first time that you have ever tried to remove the cowl?

It does have resistance and does go back to normal position sorry about the caps i broke the button at my work

I would buy the seat off you as soon as i can get this crap removed as for the link it didnt really help me much since i dont know what there talking about but let me know

I got it guys well they disengage the cable on both sides i had to go to the dealer and have some one unlatch it for me took the guy half an hour

Back