Dumb Question from a Noob ...

SuzukiRider

Donating Member
Registered
Got my answer ... thnx. 
tounge.gif

bikeq.jpg

Reason I ask is because I noticed the 2007 have it in black & I would like to order it for my 2005, if it fits of course.

GSX1300RK7_Red.jpg

So i would have to take the whole thing apart to get powdercoated ... eughhh.

I thought you could just remove the part, but looking at this, I guess not.  
sad.gif

15f4_1.JPG

(SuzukiRider @ Apr. 13 2007,12:15) So i would have to take the whole thing apart to get powdercoated ... eughhh.

I thought you could just remove the part, but looking at this, I guess not.
sad.gif

15f4_1.JPG
To powder coat (since the process involves an oven bake) you would have to remove the engine and all barrings and or rubber gaskets and it would have to be stripped to bare metal.

What exactly are you trying to do?

(Revolution @ Apr. 13 2007,12:55) some guys mask everything else off and spray paint it.
That was going to be my suggestion once I figured out what the intentions were.

Yeah, tape it up and rattle can what you see.

I think there is a thread somewhere around here where a member did the same thing.

I have also seen members paint the frame to match the plastic and that looks really good IMO.
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Apr. 13 2007,11:13) Yeah, tape it up and rattle can what you see.

I think there is a thread somewhere around here where a member did the same thing.

I have also seen members paint the frame to match the plastic and that looks really good IMO.  
beerchug.gif
Got ... thnx for the heads up.

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

So, uh, how difficult is it to get everything off the frame to spray it? Only thing I could think of, is the triple tree, and the swing arm, which I would also like to paint black

Why everything, just like polishing do only what you can see.

pull the plastics and tape/newspaper everything you dont want black.

(SuzukiRider @ Apr. 13 2007,14:56)
(heavybusa @ Apr. 13 2007,11:13) Yeah, tape it up and rattle can what you see.

beerchug.gif
Got ... thnx for the heads up.

beerchug.gif
Very nice!!!

beerchug.gif

Great Idea Heavy, What about the swingarm? What is the easiest way to get it off? or could you also spray it while it is still on the bike?

Given the right tools it's not hard to strip the bike to a bare frame.

Back