Noisy clutch

nightnarc

Registered
Just bought 2nd hand(01), In neutral-clutch in-no noise----clutch out-sounds like 5 M&M's in a empty mason jar!!!! I seen other posts and such around the site, should I do anything specific, I'm quite concerned.....

Braaaakkkk----it sounds..sux..there are mods to cure it....if stock and you want to drag race..some folks take the plates out and soak them in oil..and they get two runs with a smooth slide the clutch out launch....which you want...but it seems Suzuki Corp. did this on purpose so one can't launch...very easy..Hmmm...
Going to Vegas soon, with a stock clutch...drags...will post what it was like....
Maybe just ignore the noise and rev and slide the clutch out..regardless....look'in
for high nines i hope...WooHoo...slammed and one less tooth on the front sprocket.
Dreaming? maybe--but one could hope...
rock.gif

The stock Clutch Is pretty raspy right outta the Box.  No way around it.  But chances are it is completely normal, Find a Busa owner who has had his awhile and have em give it a listen, they should be able to tell you in about 4 seconds if it is normal or not.

Maybe ZX12 dude should at least see a busa up close before offering solutions....  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079536324 -->

The stock Clutch Is pretty raspy right outta the Box.  No way around it.  But chances are it is completely normal, Find a Busa owner who has had his awhile and have em give it a listen, they should be able to tell you in about 4 seconds if it is normal or not.

My ZX12 dude should at least see a busa up close before offering solutions....  
laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly.

Maybe ZX12 dude should at least see a busa up close before offering solutions....  
laugh.gif
maybe i have one that had the same problem now what ya think about that
argue.gif

same here - only the noise is not anything close to being scary (..in direct opposition to what follows when first gear is engaged..
smile.gif
)

laugh.gif
maybe i have one that had the same problem now what ya think about that
argue.gif
I would think that maybe I look like the Bannana on the right as I ask you "then why the hell are you immediatly jumping to the "Something is wrong" conclusion when your own Busa would have been making the same noise?"

Huh, Huh?  
poke.gif

I'm thinking your selling parts? You work for spencercycle...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079703338 -->

might be worth checking the bolts that hold the springs in the clutch,, occasional cases of them coming undone, as sometimes they are fitted minus locktite.

Back