No spark and no fault codes

Watson12342

Registered
Hi guys thanks for the add. Hoping to pick someone's brain if thats ok. I have an 07 busa stock standard no add-ons, had her since she was a baby. Never let me down up until last week. Has no spark, I've have checked TOS, kickstand, clutch switch and battery. When cranking its get 10.7 volts at the coils have even tried a jump pack. Have gone over the wiring and have found no breaks or kinks. When I pit it in dealer mode it doesn't throw any codes. Have searched all different forums checking different things, i cant pin point the problem. Its doing my head in, any advice would be much appreciated thank you.

Did you check the fuses?
What is the voltage with the bike off?
What is the voltage before cranking?
Does the fuel pump engage?
Did you pull one of the coils out to visibly see if there was no spark?

All fuse are good. Bike off and before cranking 13.7v. Had battery load tested has 200 crank amps. Fuel pump engages injectors working, plugs get wet. Yes I pulled the coils off and earthed them on the frame. Replaced crank sensor even though no fault codes showing and still got no spark.

Might sound dumb but are you letting the fuel pump prime, got all switches in correct location, bike in neutral, kickstand up clutch in?

From the post title I presume it is cranking? This is unclear because you mentioned the kickstand switch which would prevent cranking.

13.7 volts at the battery? Did you mean to type 12.7 volts?

According to the service manual or this site, perform the ignition coil resistance measurements.

Put an ohmeter between the battery negative terminal (-) and a clean spot on the engine block. It should be zero ohms. If there is any sort of measurable resistance that indicates that the ground connection is not working. Clean the main ground.

Next, the bike's condition makes it unlikely but perform the service manual "leakage inspection" or short circuit test.

Mine doesn't give FI or code if i remove CKP sensor. Maybe still CKP sensor is problem? CKP sensor is responsible for sparks i think. Maybe you shuld test CKP sensor Voltage while cranking.

Hi guys thanks for the add. Hoping to pick someone's brain if thats ok. I have an 07 busa stock standard no add-ons, had her since she was a baby. Never let me down up until last week. Has no spark, I've have checked TOS, kickstand, clutch switch and battery. When cranking its get 10.7 volts at the coils have even tried a jump pack. Have gone over the wiring and have found no breaks or kinks. When I pit it in dealer mode it doesn't throw any codes. Have searched all different forums checking different things, i cant pin point the problem. Its doing my head in, any advice would be much appreciated thank you.
Cut the grey wire feeding the coils 12v start cranking the bike and touch that coil feed direct to battery voltage I bet she fires instantly
10.6 to coils is too low

Literally went thru this 3 days ago with my 02 GSXR750....Had spark and fuel at cylinders...wouldn't turn over...

Turned out it was bad gas.....

Back