No Road Atlanta for me

vman1300

Never Forgotten
I got an email from NESBA that there was a scheduling conflict for next Saturday at Road Atlanta. The event was originally scheduled for Saturday-Sunday.

It is now a Sunday-Monday event. Since I was registered for Saturday, I was bumped to Monday. No can do on that one.

If looks like the R1 will have to wait another month for a bit-o-track action.

There is a bright side...I am still going to make the trip to Atlanta and drop the R1 off at Traxxion Dynamics for some suspension improvements.

rock.gif
Sorry dude!!!

(vman1300 @ Jul. 20 2007,05:46) I got an email from NESBA that there was a scheduling conflict for next Saturday at Road Atlanta. The event was originally scheduled for Saturday-Sunday.

It is now a Sunday-Monday event. Since I was registered for Saturday, I was bumped to Monday. No can do on that one.

If looks like the R1 will have to wait another month for a bit-o-track action.

There is a bright side...I am still going to make the trip to Atlanta and drop the R1 off at Traxxion Dynamics for some suspension improvements.
damnit Kevin! when did this wussy azz R1 crap happen?
rock.gif

ya jus' couldn't resist being so close to MCcoy Motorsports?
laugh.gif

Back when i was running my FZ1 we had a rally at fontana that was synched with the R1OA....about 150 of us showed and about 12 of them...FZ1OA Member Gio and myself wound up running with the R1's too the CROT...with the man himself leading the pack...Chuck Graves...and what a he11 of a run that was!
laugh.gif

Chuck and two dudes from Mccoy led me....then i hadta give another a bypass (he was all over me)...i showed 5th on an FZ1...Gio was 6th...and he's an old italian racer that had just finished recovering from a broken wrist aqquired in a go-down..he was so excited he jumped off his bike at CROT to run over and high5 me.
laugh.gif

Full pancake with every curve...grinding the toes off my alpinestars.
laugh.gif

Sorry about the miss on RA but tell me more...and why an R1?...why not G1K?
rock.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif

It all works out. I was trying to figure out a way to get the R1 to Traxxion...now I have a plan.

It will be ready to go in August for VIR.

(JINKSTER @ Jul. 20 2007,12:15) damnit Kevin! when did this wussy azz R1 crap happen?
rock.gif

ya jus' couldn't resist being so close to MCcoy Motorsports?
laugh.gif

Sorry about the miss on RA but tell me more...and why an R1?...why not G1K?
rock.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Here is the original thread about the R1:

Most of the questions will be answered there, but.....

Getting to ride all new machines that are released ever year does have its advantages. I get to see what fits this Fatt Kidd the best.

I have been looking for a 05-06 GSXR1000 for several months. I was amazed at the entry fee people were asking for their machines.

A couple weeks back, an individual brought in a 2005 R1 with 1600 miles on the clock. It has been down but all plastic in tack and in perfect running order. The shop did not want it due to the repair needed to put it on the showroom.

The sales manager knew I had been looking for a track bike for sometime.

The deal was too good to pass up....over $2000.00 below rough trade in...so the deal was made.

The best part......I do fit better on the R1's than the GSXR's so it was the perfect match.

The R1 will be a track mule primarily but it is tagged and insured and I am sure it will see Gap duty as well.

I have know the McCoys for many years and there are even some Graves stuff already on the R1 from them.

After the trip to Traxxion, it will be taken to Lee's for some slight modding as well. The upper RPM power of this 5 valver is amazing.

I am really happy so far and I cannot wait to get some quality track time.

rock.gif

are they still doing deals on suspension at traxxion? I'm trying to loose some of my azz but still need to get the bike dialed in sometime. Just curious, I know they had something at one point for the org members
cool.gif

(zukracer @ Jul. 20 2007,15:40) are they still doing deals on suspension at traxxion?  I'm trying to loose some of my azz but still need to get the bike dialed in sometime.  Just curious, I know they had something at one point for the org members
cool.gif
Mike @ Traxxion is a member here and did offer up a group buy on suspension a few years ago.

Call him direct at Traxxion and be sure to tell him you are from the .oRg.

(black954 @ Jul. 20 2007,17:21) That's NESBA for you. I try at all costs not to do trackdays with them. Goodluck at VIR!
1st scheduling issue I have ever had with NESBA. I understand mistakes can happen.

I just wonder how many riders will not make Sunday.....

And how much it will cost NESBA...45 riders/class, $195/rider....$26k
eek2.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 20 2007,17:35) Sorry bout that dude, good luck on set up  
super.gif
No worries man.

It will be better to have the suspension done before I start on the track with the R1.

Have you had a chance to "RIDE" the R1 yet ?

I was just wondering what you thought, compared to the Busa ?
I think the R1's are the sickest looking bikes out there ! The guy I ride with has the 20th aniv. model, and I love it ! When I pay off the Busa I'm thinking about one, but that's a long way away.

(kennym4 @ Jul. 21 2007,04:41) Have you had a chance to "RIDE" the R1 yet ?

I was just wondering what you thought, compared to the Busa ?
I think the R1's are the sickest looking bikes out there ! The guy I ride with has the 20th aniv. model, and I love it ! When I pay off the Busa I'm thinking about one, but that's a long way away.
I have ridden a few R1's before this one so I kinda knew what to expect.

This one is completle stock down to the air filter. The 1st this coming right off a Busa you notice...where is the TQ. The high RPM pull is on par with a stock Busa.

As for the handling....even with all my suspension mods done to the Busa...the R1 is still better in the tight stuff....long sweeping corners....the same IMO.

I hope after the trip to Traxxion dydnamics next weekend....it will be even better.

(kennym4 @ Jul. 21 2007,15:24) Keep us updated !

I can't wait to hear how she does, after her "makeover" !!
Yeah...me too!

I know the difference a full Traxxion set up suspension made to the Busa.....I know it will be the same on the R1.

Back