No rev

dwnhllthng

Registered
Ok, my bike has a PCIII on it yoshi dual slips and a k&N air filter. When I first bought the bike it wouldnt hit the rev limiter, it would bounce to 9 grand and come back down to 8 and bounce back up again...very slowley and after I twisted teh throttle and let it go...(it would bounce slowly from 8-9 on its own once). So I put a different map in the PCIII and it seemed to run great, hit teh rev limiter just as it should. Well teh next ride I took it out and it did the same as it previously did (bouncing revs on its own after I twisted teh throttle). So I hooked the bike back up to stock settings...eliminated the PCIII...well the next run it ran great, smooth, hit the rev limiter great!!. But then last night I went out and it was acting up again...bouncing revs on its own after a twist of the throttle....

what do I do? is somethign wrong with my bike? I also have been having a problem with my FI light coming on while clutching up wheelies...as well as when the "bounce rev" occurs. Am I having a serious problem with my injectors? PLEASE HELP!!
sad.gif

Hmm. Not sure what to make of it. Have you checked the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) setting? Since you have the PCIII, resetting the TPS should be fairly easy - using the software.

have you taken it anywhere to get checked out?

We have a few good builders around richmond.

I havent taken it anywhere to get checked out yet. I went into my local Suzuki dealer and told them what it was doing, they had no clue and needed to take it in and look at it, do some tests. But I have to be honest, I just bought en engagement ring adn am getting ready to take the plunge and dont have money to just let them tear my bike apart and "look" for a problem. So I'm trying to pinpoint the problem so its not a blind labor fee and they end up finding nothing....suggestions?

hey, maybe this will open up some insite. I always put premium gasoline in the bike. But I put some things together today. The bike seems to run fine when I put a cleaner/octane boost in it. Doesnt seem to have the problem...is this possible? or just a fluke thing?

If you have the FI light coming on, you have a problem with the injection. You need to get it scanned for codes. The computer should know whats going on.

did you get the bike new or used?

as JC and the manual CLEARLY states....use 87 octane.

have you checked the plugs? it might give a clue as to what the injectors are doing...

just like going to the doctor...you have to give us a complete history...even of the stuff you don't think matters.

so...are there ANY other mods done?
lurk.gif

I did buy the bike Used. The FI light comes on and goes off when the bike is shut off. The only mods that are done to the bike are the Yoshi RS-3 slips (dual) and a K&N air filter. THis weekend I am going to clean teh air filter adn reoil it lightly. Also while I'm at it I am going to put some new spark plug in it and check my wires and coil. What do you all think about just getting a general "tune-up" on the bike. My local dealer told me yesterday that if it has never been tuned since new in 2002 it prolly just needs a little baby work. SAid it'd be like $100 and they could give me a custom map while they're at it for my PCIII.

That seems like a good starting point, just for the custom map that is a decent price. A fould out plug might cause that. Good luck and keep us posted.

Well heres the update, i put new plugs in and a new stock filter that was given to me by one of the forum guys in which I really appreciate. Anyways, its still messing up. Makes me nervous now since I have no other ideas. I guess its gonna be my wallet at the shop....

If the FI light is turning on, there's a code. The ECU more than likely knows what is wrong. Download the shop manual (link is in one of the stickies), pull the code and look it up in the code chart.

Well the problem is the FI light isnt staying on. The shop has been tryign to help me out, but since teh FI light cuts off everytime the bike is cut off they cant get a code....now I'm wonderign if I take it to them next time the light comes on and dont turn it off is they will be able to get a code?

(dwnhllthng @ Jun. 19 2007,22:54) Well the problem is the FI light isnt staying on.  The shop has been tryign to help me out, but since teh FI light cuts off everytime the bike is cut off they cant get a code....now I'm wonderign if I  take it to them next time the light comes on and dont turn it off is they will be able to get a code?
you need to find another shop that the techs are not morons.
you need to leave the key on to get the code
guns.gif

you need to find another shop that the techs are not morons.
you need to leave the key on to get the code
[/Quote]

Interesting you say this, because they told me the other day when I showed up with a light again that they cant check it while the bike is turned on. They said it needs to be turned off. doesnt matter. They lost parts off my bike last time it was there, and the only reason I'm going back is to pick up my free parts they said they didnt lose. So finding a new shop soon

Well Big O seems to be having the same problem....so he's going to give some guidence to a fellow Busa rider. Maybe this will be my saving grace.
super.gif

Back