No Re-mapping needed for 08 Busa???

Discussions like this, prove why this is an awesome site. I have a full Muzzy exhaust on my '08 and I must say I am rather pleased with the results. I do plan to pay $55 next week to see the hp and a/f ratio though. Just want to make sure she is not running lean. I did see where Muzzy has a custom DJ PCIII map for their product.

You can also pay forty $ and put a AFR gage on the bike like I did. It will answer all your questions about what your ECU is really doing. Also wikipedia really explains more than this site on how 02 sensors work, PAIR valves, stoichmetric modes of fuel flow, ect. :thumbsup:Good riding!

You can also pay forty $ and put a AFR gage on the bike like I did. It will answer all your questions about what your ECU is really doing. Also wikipedia really explains more than this site on how 02 sensors work, PAIR valves, stoichmetric modes of fuel flow, ect. :thumbsup:Good riding!

Hmmm. Thanks bro!

When I put my Brocks on I lost the o2 sensor. Had FI light constant and was obviously lean from looking at the clean exhaust tip. Got the PC and map. FI light extinguished and brownish exhaust tip returned. I feel safer this way. Wish the Brocks had the O2 well.

Yosh open header check the Air Fuel with no power comander???

Dyno_numbers.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

I have the brock A/H, and I had to install the bung for O2 sensor. that cost me 12.50 at the weld shop, But well worth it!

I have decided to go with the PCIII as soon as I find one for the low. I like the fact that some guys can really work magic on the dyno with them.

I put about 8k miles on my '08 with an R-77 before adding a PCIII, I can honestly say I wish I had added the PCIII from day 1. The difference in power delivery is simply amazing. Besides, the only time I can remember actually using the power mode switch was when I've gotten bored in traffic. So my advice is to go for the pc as soon as you can!
-FWIW

I have the brocks alien head in my garage. Did you use a power commander? If so what type??
Thanks in advance

I believe we have an answer using resistors to get the ECU to run at a perfect 13:1 ratio or better. More testing is needed to confirm this.

deadhorse.gif

Greg, this is the heart of the matter here, with a modern tech closed loop system, simply telling what A/F to run at solves all problems. This is exactly the hurdle that I had to overcome with my Ducati 1098. Once we figured it out, I can now do any engine mod and the system automatically compensates. This is the same way that all modern high end engine builders and race teams from Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, and Ducati are doing it. I had not chimed in until now because I really was curious to see if this would be mentioned. Thank you for your integrity, honesty, and professionalism! Operating your shop with these same principals and taking care of your customers is why you will continue to succeed. Treating customers with condescension will only breed contempt from those that know better. Some people never learn this lesson. Thank you for all you do Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
When I put my Brocks on I lost the o2 sensor. Had FI light constant and was obviously lean from looking at the clean exhaust tip. Got the PC and map. FI light extinguished and brownish exhaust tip returned. I feel safer this way. Wish the Brocks had the O2 well.

The megaphones have a O2 sensor adapter. I use the PC with brock maps.

Had the Busa dynoed with full exhaust and no PC3. Tuner said it looked pretty good, so I will just chill for now.

Hayabusa.jpg

I have the Alien Head Exhaust sitting in my garage. I have 381 miles. As soon as I get 500 new exhaust baby:laugh::cheerleader:
BUT I have a question? When I install the brocks exhaust and power commander will I lose the shift indicator and light? I am still torn between the brocks and the R77. I dont want anymore power, hell it's a busa. I only street ride and track very seldom. I read here that with the R77 it's a install and go. Please help and tell me some of your opinions.

i'am planning on travleing across the the US,.....will i have any problems with the proformance on my 08 busa with a power commander, when traveling at high altiudes or will it program inself..........thanks in advance:bowdown:

I have the Alien Head Exhaust sitting in my garage. I have 381 miles. As soon as I get 500 new exhaust baby:laugh::cheerleader:
BUT I have a question? When I install the brocks exhaust and power commander will I lose the shift indicator and light? I am still torn between the brocks and the R77. I dont want anymore power, hell it's a busa. I only street ride and track very seldom. I read here that with the R77 it's a install and go. Please help and tell me some of your opinions.

The exhaust and power comander are not tied into or have anything to do with the shift indicator and light. I went with the R77.

Back