No more backfiring RS-3 owners

No block offs don't cost $200 I think that's an exchange thing Givnr is from Canada and that probably includes installation. I paid $40 American for mine from Brocks.

Did anyone notice that after doing the "marble mod" your pipes are not as loud and performance/response is not as good?

I tried the marble mod and when I revved my engine it cut off?
rock.gif
?? When I took the marble out and did the same thing it was fine and did not cutt off?
rock.gif
What's up with that?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

rock.gif

Someone else said they had the same problem but the bike was cold. After letting the bike warm up, it should not cut off with the marble mod.

That is good that you don't have to take off the smog pump, if you put the marble down the tube.  Will the marble end up getting sucked down the tube farther.

<!--EDIT|night_ryder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146536231 -->

I believe most of the yoshimura adjustments for the rs-3's call for about a -5% adjustment on low/mid/high.
I have Yosh cans and last service had a K&N air filter installed.
The guys at the shop convinced me to let them have a go with their Yosh box.
They set my ecm -5% on the fuel and now its snatchy at low rpm and is hard to start on cold mornings.

JC was good enough to hook me up with a PCIIIusb for a good price.

After I install it the bike will be going to a tuning shop with one of the best reputations in the country.

http://www.sandrpro.com/

I think the old saying "Do it ONCE, do it properly" has finally sunk into my thick skull!

Not a bad little marble demo thread, might get off my ass and do it this afternoon while giving the old girl a clean.

Cheers
Ross[/QUOTE]
make sure they zero out your ecm before mapping to get rid of the -5 from the other shop

ok I know it's less BLING but couldn't you use a bolt I have plenty of them laying around in my tool box and or on my bench or just go to ACE hardware they sell as many or just one it will cost about 15 cents

I just did the marble mod and it did the trick. I think im still gonna get the pair block off kit to clean things up a bit but this is just fine for now. Thanks guys.

JJ

givinr, you are one funny Mo Fo.... I have been on the floor with tears streaming down my face laughing... you should take that show on the road.... you may have a career in stand-up.....
jump9.gif

Folks......am intending fitting some pipes soon to new 06 busa...have to ask though...if the marble blocks off unburnt fuel getting recirculated to the exhaust........what happens to the urburnt gas......?
rock.gif

I used a metal ball bearing..it works fine on my "dino" 99 busa with K&N filter and Wolf CF bolt-ons...:D

I had RS-3 bolt ons on my 03 Busa for 2 years and NEVER had the bike backfire at all. The bike is stock except for the mufflers,

Great walkthru. I had brought mine to the dealership and they remapped the fuel injection and did something else
rock.gif
that fixed the backfiring. To this day I don't know what they did, they just fixed it.

I just put on a full Hindle System with PC3 USB. I am getting NO backfiring, but it does feel like in low RPMs in first there is a slight stumble or surge going down the road. I have NOT done any airbox mods as of yet. Will doing the marble trick for the PAIR valve do anything for my bike?

Did the marble trick today, and the bike is still stumbling around 2000-2500 rpm. When it gets above that it just takes off like a scared rabbit. But trying to cruise low rpm is kind of bumpy. Could that be because I did not do the airbox mod too?

Got the full RS~3 on, PCUSBIII, Pair valve is history, and have reMapped. Brand new exhaust gaskets were installed & torqued correctly. On decel only right at 3.75 to 3.5RPM I get a real nice PoP. No exhaust leaks as I have checked several times. O yeah sm. air box mod also. Pipes are not blueing or coloring at all. Any Ideas as to why I'm still popping?

Back