backfire thru throttle bodies

bs72069

Registered
just curiuos if fuel injected vehicles will back fire thru the throttle bodies. it sounded like mine did it. i think it was caused by to much gas. had my bike loaded in back my truck and the canyon dancer tie downs had the throttle open alittle and when i turn my bike on and off a couple times then i started it an it sound like it backfired thru the air cleaner direction. it only did it once and started up normally after i restarted the bike. never really heard of fuel injection doing it. any opions on it. would it cause any damage or problems known when a fuel injected vehicle does it. just being curiuos.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070931497 -->

You'll probably be fine. It was probably just some extra fuel laying in the throttle body that got sucked in.

FI'd bikes will backfire sometimes, although not often. If the key is on, but the engine is off, and the cam/crank sensor sees that it should be firing the injector, it could load up a cylinder with fuel. Early Chevy TBI units had this problem, and it would actually fill up the intake manifold.

Not really sure if this helped, but I just didn't want to see your post hanging out there unanswered. Someone else with more busa specific knowledge might pipe in here soon.

Good luck

I've had this happen, yesterday in fact, was rolling along in 1rst @ about 5k RPM and it sounded like a backfire when I let off the throttle as I pulled the clutch. Happened 2 or 3 times. Wierd

Any help?

I've had this happen, yesterday in fact, was rolling along in 1rst @ about 5k RPM and it sounded like a backfire when I let off the throttle as I pulled the clutch.  Happened 2 or 3 times.  Wierd

Any help?
I think that's because the busa doesn't like to be upshifted at 5000rpm.  Wind 'er up!  j/k
race.gif

Back