No more backfiring RS-3 owners

If your Busa backfires, will it damage the bike if you just let it backfire? The flames coming out of the back are kinda cool looking!

i know this is a newbie question, but this doesnt apply to the bolt ons huh?? it has to be full piping with the pc3 and a tuned map..so can somebody show me the light on this as im planning to get an exhaust soon...
smile.gif

OK, I know I may get alot of flaming for this but, what exactly does this do. I am not very technical when it comes to working on the busa, I usually have a local guy that I ride with who happens to own a shop do most of the work. However, I just installed rs-3 cans (myself, I'm getting brave in my old age) and I have the backfiring problem. Sounds like this marble thing solves it, but what exactly are the principals behind the pair valve (meaning what is it supposed to do) and why does putting a marble in it stop the backfiring problem?

the pair valve recirculates unburnt fuel from the engine into the exhaust. where it detenates causing the popping and flames. just some more emissions crap.

hmm, when i tried this mod, my bike would idle, but the sec i gave it gas, it died.
mad.gif

EDIT: ok, must have been cause the bike was cold and i whapped the throttle. once she was warmed up, OMG, its so much smoother!!

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131218099 -->

I have full Yoshi RS3 4into1 exhaust on the bike. I've been noticing it backfiring a little here and there, but no flames that I'm aware of. For the price of marbles, I'm gonna try it and see if it'll solve my popping problem. Also mine does seem to not be as smooth at lower RPMs as I'd like. Maybe it'll help that too.
smile.gif

Anways, thanks alot for this idea!!! Props!

If I'm right I believe it causes pressure and gives you a 1-2 hp. gain.

i have the same issue and for the life of me could not figure it out! thanks for the tip givinr.
biggrin.gif

Great tip! I was looking for solutions to the backfiring problem and happened to stumble on this thread. I'll definitely try it, beats the heck out of the $200+ solutions.

Was told last night that it shoots blue flames when it pops. Definitely doing this ASAP. I also happen to stumble across this thread. DEFINITELY glad I did!

Back