NJ Rider Insurance 8 out of 10 Busa\'s wipe out

OB_Warp1Busa

Registered
Rider insurance Co. in NJ,,Approx $1600 a yr for a Busa. Big reason for such a high cost is that 8 out of 10 busa's in NJ have wiped out,,crashed,,ka-put,,totaled !! I have State Farm Whew )))

Mine is still sweet.

Also anyone looking to detail their bike a bit,,get some Hayabusa Japanese Letters from Tape works, any size Any color.

Couple 2 1/2" size on the Tank,,just Below the Suzuki (Black),,and a 4 1/2" Size (Black)on the tail section looks HOT !! Plus one Copper colored one 2 1/2" on the lower portion of the Wind screen,,wish I had pic's to show online.

Warp1

i HAVE HEARD OF $1600 AND MORE FOR FULL COVERAGE ON ANY SPORTBIKE OUT
THERE FOR A YEAR? THAT IS CRAZY! ARE YOU GUYS PAYING THAT MUCH FOR BIKE
COVERAGE! THROUGH MY CAR INSURANCE, FULL COVERAGE FOR A BUSA IS $204.00 A
YEAR WITH A WAIVED $10,000 MEDICAL OR $280.00 WITH MEDICAL. BTW, I'M 38YRS.
NO POINTS, 26 YRS RIDING EXPERIENCE. What up with the high insurance quotes?

not many have known this but, count me in!

i put my bike down a week after i bought it.
over 9,000 dollars damage.

then insurance paid me for a totally new bike. i then bought mine back from them for 1,700 bucks.
thats why i decided to do the big bore prodject as sone as i did. if it wasn't for that i would have waited for this winter to do it.

two reasons the bike went down.
1. steering dampener was found to be defective.
2.the beerings were not torqued right when they preped it at the dealership.

and yes, i could have sued the hell out of suz's & the dealership but i elected not to at this time.

i put my bike down on it's side going a 120mph. i had a full set of leathers,race boots,helment and gloves on when this happened.

it was an experiance i'll never forget!
but most importantly, i believe it made me a better rider....frank

YES I STARTED RIDING AT 12. BEEN DOWN A COUPLE TIMES. CARS AND BIKES DON'T MIX. THIER FAULT NOT MINE. STILL NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THOSE INSURANCE QUOTES CAUSE A NEW BIKE WILL BE IN MY STALL BE IT A BUSA OR ZX12R. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE DEALERSHIP THAT SOLD YOU THE BIKE?

Dirty Pete is back KawAbuser.

WarpWhatever: You want us to believe that 80% of all Hayabusas sold in New Jersey are in the toilet?

Totalled?

Sorry but you just made that poop up.

If thats true, look for rates to go even higher. Imagine covering 8 totaled 'Busas for $16,000. Ouch!

By the Way I'm also in NJ. Rumson, Where are you? I pay about $800 per year for insurance.

Frank you fell down because you fucked up.

Steering damper and bearings? What bearings?

You sound like the kind of guy who blames a lost drag race on dirty spark plugs.

And then you go and start a drag bike project on the money you ripped off from we riders who pay insurance premiums and don't go around crashing because our bearings are not adjusted properly.

Wrong thing to brag about Junior.

"1. steering dampener was found to be defective.
2.the beerings were not torqued right when they preped it at the dealership."

..is a very roundabout way to say: "i was going faster that i could handle". How did the steering damper cause you to crash ? Do you always crasch rigth away when you try to ride bikes without that device ?

Any of you "I wanna Busa for my first bike" folks listening out there?
I'm not trying to humiliate anyone.
Crawl, walk, run - it's just human devolopment. Reverse that process and bad things can happen.
Listen to your inner voice of reason, learn, grow, and enjoy this sport for years.
In the words of some of my pointy-eared friends, "Live long and prosper."

Well me, as a first time bike the busa, I play around 4500 a year so far, from next year down to 1800 if I keep on riding it as nice as so far -). But I would pay 3 times more if that what it would take to have my busa, hehe.

Is our pest/buddy FalconCop amongst the list of crashed Busa in NJ?

"Probably just eight more drunk maggots running from cops." - That was said FC style.

Cow-Buser,,Nope my Busa is Running Fine no wipe outs,,looking as KOOL as a busa can Look. New Sliders for those Annoying Tip overs.

Also $480.00 a yr Full coverage state Farm Ins.

Life is good 161 ®

PS-Warp1, I heard the same Thing from this dealer in belleville NJ Motorcycle Mall. about the 8 out of 10 casualty rate for NJ Busa's.

dr.busa:when they looked at those parts, the steering dampener had no recistance what so ever. not sure if they said it had either no oil or a seal was bad and let enough oil leak out causing it to act like it wasn't even equipted with one.
when they supported the bike by the frame with the front end off the ground with no wieght on it, it looked so lose it was like there was a beering race missing.
the bike went down when shifting from 1st to 2nd it caused the front end to go into a wobble that was uncontrolable. the front end jumped from the right to the left totally off the ground. i tried to speed up and slow down working the thottle and the brake but there was nothing that could be done but hang on.....

dp: as for you. this time i don't care what i've said in the past about how things are printed.

but you are a low class, trailer trash mother guy that had a good time.
if i had the time you do to spend up on your ass all day in front of your computer then i guess i'd be just as much a prick as you are.

i don't know how anybody can get any lower then to call somebody a thief right out in the public when you don't even know all the facts.
this time you really showed everybody what type a person you really are.
actually i don't even need to slam on you because you've done a damn good job yourself this time.

i don't need to good time any insurance people off. i make over a hundred thou a year. and i own everything i have. no loans. just the morgage on my house.

don't be supprised if i don't print this poop off and come after your ass.
now i'll say it in my own words, be a dad and go give your kids some attenion because as much as your on here causing poop like this, there is noway you have a decent amount of time for your family. think of somebody else becides yourself for a change.
you have no self control. do you?
you need to learn how to think twice before you open your mouth.

i wont play your games like you try to play with the rest of the people you piss off.
i'll be on your ass all over these boards from here on in. you've got my word on that, fuckhead.

enjoy the rest of your time on the org because i know i will!

you need to print your reply off and poop in the middle of it and eat it, because you are just what you printed....poop
......frank

You swear and threaten a lot better than you ride or wrench, Frank.

And judging from that last post, you drink better too.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 02 October 1999).]

how do you know?

do you think your better
then everybody else?

get a life. go play with your kids.

if you think your so great & know so
much then bring bike this way.

then we'll see if your what you
try to make everyone think you are.

your a joke!...your full of poop!

the only talent you have is sitting
ass and showing all of us how much
trouble you can cause.

i bet your wife support you being
on here so much. cause it keeps
you away from her.

Geez,,did I start this ?? Falconcop,,I see you ride at Harriman/bear mountain. I go there alot, I also Know the dealer you speak about in belleville.

Warp1

DP - Look at the thread started by terra1. Frank’s steering bearing problem doesn’t seem to be fabricated. I had an 82 1100ES (? - It’s been so long, I can’t remember the letters)and noticed my steering felt loose. However, I took it in well before I had the engine broken in. Unlike Frank, I never romped on it in this *loose* condition. My dealer admitted that the bike had not been properly prepped and tightened or adjusted it. In any case, they fixed the problem.

[This message has been edited by shane (edited 03 October 1999).]

Shane: Mechanical problems can and do cause crashes...although it's so rare as to be nearly non-existent.

Even under the stress of big league racing, it just doesn't happen.

99.9% of crashes are human error...either the rider or the person who crashed into him.

You're right about not romping your bike when there's a self-evident mechanical problem. If the fork movement on my bike were compromised, I wouldn't even ride it, let alone romp it.

Which raises the question: How many riders REALLY perform accident-prevention maintenance on their bikes, like putting a wrench on critical fasteners every time you change the oil?

I know I don't do it as regularly as I should. The best I can say is that about 3 or 4 times a riding season I get concerned about issues like that and then I go and run around the bike with a torque wrench.

The UJMs are so reliable that I get lulled into a false sense of security about their mechanical integrity.

Back