Nikko  G-Pack problems

minicooper034u

Registered
I just purchased the G-Pack and put it in my 2003 Hayabusa to remove the rev limiter. The maker of the G-Pack that I purchased is Nikko. After I installed the G-Pack my "FI" light came on and in the time cluster it flashes "FI" and then it flashes the time of day. What caused this and how can I fix it. the bike seems to run great. It even seems to be running much faster. It is just the "FI" light that spooks me. Any suggestions?
rock.gif
??

Hmmm. Not too familiar with the G-Pack, but I use a Ivan's TRE. This is usually the problem you get when the TRE is wired wrong. I'm sure somebody can help.

Brian

I just purchased the G-Pack and put it in my 2003 Hayabusa to remove the rev limiter. The maker of the G-Pack that I purchased is Nikko. After I installed the G-Pack my "FI" light came on and in the time cluster it flashes "FI" and then it flashes the time of day. What caused this and how can I fix it. the bike seems to run great. It even seems to be running much faster. It is just the "FI" light that spooks me. Any suggestions?
rock.gif
??
Do you have the manual?

It explains how to put your bike into 'dealer mode' where the clock display will give you a code for the problem. You then look up the code in the manual and have a place to start looking.

FI_page_1.jpg

BTW, you don't need the special switch.
You can get away with a paperclip bent in half at a push. (Just don't short it out to the frame etc)

The cable end you need to locate is (on mine at least) under the rear seat/hump on the same side as the chain. It is easier to get at if you take the front seat off as well.

Good luck,

Steve

This is exactly what I am looking for I am having a problem with mine. It has been sitting for 7 months and I just put it back together and mine will not start and it shows "FI" where the clock is. So I will check this tonight thanks for the info.

holy $hit, steve k.. good info on using the paperclip vs the actual tool. thanks for that one... i didn't realise that would work (and here's hoping i never have to find out).
biggrin.gif

Rich: I've been following the various threads about your problems.. I am very curious to find out why your bike doesn't start. Please post what you find.. thanks man.

Great info, Steve K. Like Haywood, I hope I never have to use it but good to know there is a way to diagnose the problem without going to the dealer.

Back