Nikasil required???

Street Kings

Registered
just bought some 1397 pistons, and im from deep south texas..like 30 min frm the border..and well there isnt any motorycycle machine shops that work on sport bikes..so im wondering if any good machine shop can bore out my block and if so, can i get away with out nikasil platin? or where do you guys recommend me sending my block and how much am i looking at here...im also planning on dropping the gen 2 crank and making it a 1441..but for now my concern is getting the block done...hope you guys know any places in tx or some place..

thanks,
fred

since it's a linerless aluminum alloy block it's going to need some kind of protection to the cylinder walls after an over bore. I only recommend one company to others and that's Millenium.

X2. send it to Millenium in Madison, WI. It'll be a few hundred bucks, but they're the best and have great turnaround.

so dey can bore it out and replate it? i also found a place in San Antonio.tx..the owner pfor Aggresive Edge knows a shop that does nikasil plating..has any one heard anything of a shop in san antonio? but guess this build is gonna cost me a good chunk of change.good thing im doing all da labor..

Millenium does boring, etc. Look them up on the web. as far as the san antonio company... "I only recommend one company to others and that's Millenium".

Millenium Technologies

http://www.mt-llc.com/

Millennium Technologies
1404 Pilgrim Road
Plymouth, WI 53073
owner: Chris Hackl
sales: Kurt Koppelmann, Scott Weisz
& Erica Glaeser

phone: (920) 893-5595
Toll-Free: (888) 779-6885
fax: (920) 893-4830
email: info@mt-llc.com