My new 15:1 je 1397 pistons

Street Kings

Registered
I was able to get a hold of some brand new 84mm 1397 JE pistons..I now realise that they are 15:1..im planning to get the 08' 2mm crank with spacer to get the 1441..Im planning to get my head p&p now my question is what type of cams to get for it? Its my street, cruise bike..that i street race.. wondering if any one can give me some advice on a good set up and what Hp numbers..im looking at? I have a Brocks, alien head exhaust.. also planning on getting the high volume oil pump gear.. wonder what else i would need..but wondering if these pistons are a good deal..only paid 380 for them and the benefit of them..
thanks.

Running that high of compression is going to require you to always run race fuel. If you want it for a street bike would say no higher than 13.5:1 Compression to be able to run premium pump gas. Could get real costly real fast having to always run race fuel.

A larger spacer plate will help you to lower the compression!

If you change your mind I've got some wiseco 12.8:1 1397 slugs I'd straight up trade or offer some $ with em. They have one season on them, need to pull to re-ring it anyway if you're interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

so theres nothing good bout the 15:1 pistons? are they pointless for street use? and wild 07 u got any pics of ur pistons..? i mite consider it...do you also have a block up for grabs?

hey street....15.1 is too high man for street. like the others said a biger spacer will bring it down but then you have kind of defeated the purpose of those pistons

A larger spacer plate will help you to lower the compression!
I will go ahead and second that...Thats the cheapest route to rectify the current situation without getting rid of the pistons ;)
Probably need 2 batterys also!!

Nah mate, MOTY batteries make smaller but more powerful than stock batteries...One of their batteries will support a big bore bike with no sweat:thumbsup:

either that or the monster battery that bigfootatplay was talking about a week or two ago.

no e85 would require more work as it will destroy fuel lines and seals etc. also may cause problems with fi system

Did you ever use these pistons?? I will buy them today or trade you some je13:1 with 4 dump pulls, no scarring, looks brand spanking new

If E85 is common in your area you should definately swap over. You will need to upgrade your fueling system (which you probably already have for your stroker) to meet the 30% increase E85 takes.

Back