NGK 4302 spark plugs

rxtreme7

Registered
I got these from advanced auto parts when they cross referenced the autolites that came up. they are NGK laser platinum premium plugs 4302. will they be good for my mostly stock busa?

I don't think they will work, you need NGK CR9E standard plug or you can get the iridium NGK CR9EIX plug. I have the iridium plugs in mine. Hope this helps.

ok my mistake the 4302 # is actually the autolite alternative for the CR9E and the CR9EIX plug. so this plug should work because it is also an alternative to the CR9EIX, but instead if iridium its the laser platinum plus.

at least this is what im thinking....should I just try em? they where almost 10 bucks a plug i dont wanna mess anything up

well the heck with it ill just take these back and get the CR9EIX's. i found these are used in lexus SC300's and other 2jz-ge cars

Got one in my lawnmower too.......
coolold.gif
If the "ORG tuners" haven't sounded in by now, "Ya best be takin' them back there bo-ah !!!".....
super.gif

CR9E is stock number 6263
CR9IEX is stock number 3521

I ran the Autolites in race cars (and NGK) for years with success. But I have only ran NGKs in bikes.

Sometimes crossing numbers can get you in trouble, so always try looking up the application to double check.

Autolite is showing 4302 and XS4302 XS4302DP under the busa application

that autolite plug isnt hot enough for a busa. Yea its a good plug but save the hassle and just get the NGK and live a happy life. Youre busa will thank you.

Josh

no i didnt get the autolite. I got an NGK laser platinum premium plugs, they have 2 tips that go towards the middle instead of one. it was just cross referenced with the autolite plug

I misunderstood your post and it looks like advanced auto parts screwed up the cross reference as well. The NGK 4302 will not even fit the Busa. It is a 14mm plug instead of a 10mm plug used in the Busa.

Exchange them for a set of 3521. The 4302 series is a correct autolite number so I think that is what confused me (and maybe your parts guy)

If you are stuck on trying a multi ground plug. The NGK #4548 (CR9EK)would be the one. I don't recommend it, and neither will NGK in that application.

Back