gammalight

Registered
newbie.gif

Hey folks!  I can only make one first impression so I guess I better make it good!  I am new to the group and a new rider as well.  For my first bike I easily chose the Hayabusa, not because of the speed or the size of the engine, but simply for the look of the bike.  I love the shape, curves and lines of the bike or better put I like the body and the ass  
tounge.gif
!  I love riding the bike, I use it almost daily, except when its raining or there is some form of water falling from the sky.  But it is also a hobby, customizing it out.

Before the 'Busa I rode a dirt bike for a couple of years and got comfortable on it.  Call me crazy, but I just trust myself with the responsibilty and care it takes to drive a machine like this and jumped on the 'Busa for my first bike.  To put it in perspective going 60 on a 1300 is the same as going 60 on a dirt bike, I can just get there a bit faster though.  But more than that I understand it takes time to feel the bike out and get used to it.  Amid the great ride and the power I am definatley loving the gas mileage it gets!

<center><span style='color:royalblue'>I've had my bike for about 6 months and so far my mods are:

chrome fairing grills for body and tail section
Hotbodies undertail
Raceready smoothed and painted inner dash panels
chrome and engraved stator cover
chrome and engraved clutch cover
chrome sprocket cover
chrome frame spikes</span>
</center>  

The hobby part is installing all of the parts on the bike myself.  Fortunatley I have the time to spend to do all of it.  Future mods include a 4-2-1 exhaust and some rims.

Other than that I am 26 and I live in the RTP area in good 'ole NC.  I do the 8-5 thing everyday as an engineer, programmer and mathematician, so if you'd like to chat about any of that be my guest.  I also love poker, surfing and a whole lot of other stuff all you have to do is ask!

Anyway, I am glad I can be a member and look forward to chatting with all of you.  

Untill then, <table style=filter:flipH>see you in my rearview</table>...

super.gif

Congrats and welcome! Nice intro, but we need pics to make it complete.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the board! Respect the bike's power & control the right wrist. Busa's power can be a handfull but are good in the fact that since they are a little heavy they're less prone to bringing the front up as opposed to say a gixxer 1000. Stay within your riding skill level and it can be done. Some on the boards here have done it, others will say you should've started off on a smaller 600cc or 750cc bike. Now that you have it, be careful.

We welcome you to the boards but we have rules to keep us from being the animals that we are so "No personal ads are allowed without pics!"  
zzwhip.gif

It sounds like you have some nice mods done to the bike so post up pics of that bad boy!  
beerchug.gif
 The how to can

Again, welcome!

Nice intro and you nearly included everything required EXCEPT some pics of the Busa!!! Come on
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

Sounds like you're having a blast...keep up the good work!
beerchug.gif

Here are a few pics pre-body spikes, clutch and stator cover.  I will have some new pics soon.  I hope I do this right. Enjoy!

P1000307.JPG

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
Be safe and enjoy. No comparison between the Busa and trail bike.
SHOCKED.gif

I do like the inners, nice flow indeed.

New_Image_5__Small_.JPG

Back