Newbie w/03 in S. FL

flynlow

Registered
Hello! I'm really enjoying this Forum almost as much as my 1st sport bike in years. I'd given up riding for some time due to accidents that were not all a fault off mine. Granted, some were. Took to speedboats as a replacement and always felt the need for the rush 2 wheelers give. So I got a 07 HD Softail Custom. Great bike, a good cruiser that will not get you in trouble if driven the way it was intended. But it's not very athletic by any means. People I know invest thousands trying to make these cruisers something they will never be. Sporty, agile, quick and/or fast is not what a street HD will ever be. So I took the $ others would have spent modding a cruiser and got a 03 'Busa. I actually was going for R1 or CBR1 but I found my 'Busa for a fair price. It took quite a bit of getting used to before feeling comfortable with it's astonishing power. Oh yeah, it's stock. I can only imagine what power is possible through mods. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and have replaced the rear brake (Galfer w/ EBC HH) and getting ready to do the fronts (probably Galfer w/ Galfer). The bike has 20k on it, so chain, sprockets, and other notables may be needed as well as a thorough tune-up. So I'll be looking here often for your knowledgable and plentiful advice! Thanks for being!
Jim

:welcome: to the Org.
Ride safe and we will be needing pics of said ride soon, don't want the pic police to show up.:laugh:
Bubba

Welcome aboard! Welcome to the '03. Where's the pics? :rulez:

:D

--Wag--

I'm having trouble w/pics! Took cel pics yesterday after washing (caught in the rain recently) and the file is to big or something. I'm kinda comp. challenged you might say.
Thanks for the welcome and I'll continue to try and broaden my comp. skills. Look out Bill Gates!:rofl:

Back