Newbie from Ireland with some newbie quesions

Gerry47

Registered
Hi Everyone

Just got my new Hayabusa today :) It's a 02 blue/black and so far have only managed to drive it home but looking forward to a nice spin tomorrow. My other bike is a GS so there is some difference between them and I will have to re-calibrate my brain.

Just have one or two questions as I don't have the basic owner's manual, like how to adjust suspension, coolant level top-up, tyre pressures, chain adjustment, that kind of thing. I tried looking online but couldn't find one and will see if the main dealer can get me one next week.

Also and potentially more serious the FI light comes on occasionally. It was on in the garage when I went to look at the bike and they hooked up to the diagnostics and said it was the fuel pump relay and something about there being not enough pressure because the bike had been lying up and had very little fuel in the tank. If it flashes and I turn off the ignition and then turn it on again the light usually goes out...any ideas or where do I start?

Great forum and I'd been reading here for awhile and I have to say the enthusiasm of the members helped me choose the Hayabusa.

Thanks

Gerry

06102012450.jpg

06102012451.jpg

:welcome: to the board and a bump to the top for some answers :beerchug:

Thanks for the welcome and advice!

Going for my first spin this morning and probably won't be playing catch up all day like I usually do on the GS-on the straights at least :satisfied:

Any more advice and tips welcome.

Back