Newbie check in

busabutter

Registered
New busa owner checkin in.  Couldn't decide whether to get the busa or a zx-14.  Decided on the busa.  It looked and fit better for me.  I know the zx-14 is maybe a hair faster than the busa but the hayabusa just looked and felt better, more sporty lookin anyways.

Quick question- I was stopped at a light today and some dork pulls up next too me and tells me that he couldn't see me because my headlight wasn't on.  Kinda caught me off guard, I would have told him get your eyes checked.  But I told him that they are always automatically on when the bike is on.  He looked and had a dumb look to match.  People are honking because he's sitting there holding up traffic as the light turns green.  I tell him go ahead.  I sure don't want some blind idiot behind me not knowing when I brake.

Is white harder to see in the daylight?  Or do I need to run around with the high beam on during the day?  At night I can only see about 5 ft in front of me so I run with the highbeams on.  No one yet has flashed their lights at me so I guess its not to bright.

Welcome aboard, first of all.

if lighting is an issue, you may want to look into a HID kit for your bike. if you look around here, there are sometimes group buys on them, and I think there are a couple dealers here who sell them.

i ran with my highbeams on before i got an HID kit. gotta be seen right...

and welcome to the board
beerchug.gif

(busabutter @ Mar. 07 2007,21:27)  At night I can only see about 5 ft in front of me so I run with the highbeams on.  No one yet has flashed their lights at me so I guess its not to bright.
It is typical for the headlight to be aimed poorly when it comes from the factory.  Mine was aimed down at the ground right in front of me and I couldn't see anything at night.  Just take a few minutes to aim your headlight (both low and high beams).  This will help ALOT.

There is a thread with instructions somewhere on here.  I'll see if I can find it, otherwise there are adjusting bolts (10 mm I believe) behind the headlights that you can adjust.  Take off the bottom plastic (black) under the nose and come from underneath (above the front fender).  The center of the black body pins "push in" to release.

Hid kit and read the owners manual it tell you how to aim the headlight, Do it the lights are set too low from the factory!
Oh BTW Welcome!

(busabutter @ Mar. 08 2007,00:27) New busa owner checkin in. Couldn't decide whether to get the busa or a zx-14. Decided on the busa. It looked and fit better for me. I know the zx-14 is maybe a hair faster than the busa but the hayabusa just looked and felt better, more sporty lookin anyways.

Quick question- I was stopped at a light today and some dork pulls up next too me and tells me that he couldn't see me because my headlight wasn't on. Kinda caught me off guard, I would have told him get your eyes checked. But I told him that they are always automatically on when the bike is on. He looked and had a dumb look to match. People are honking because he's sitting there holding up traffic as the light turns green. I tell him go ahead. I sure don't want some blind idiot behind me not knowing when I brake.

Is white harder to see in the daylight? Or do I need to run around with the high beam on during the day? At night I can only see about 5 ft in front of me so I run with the highbeams on. No one yet has flashed their lights at me so I guess its not to bright.
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
enjoy and be safe. The headlights are an issue for most at night. Just upgraded to HIDs. Had the lights adjusted up under warranty. Probably going up a tad more.

to the board

resizing pictures:
posting single pictures:
using the upload center:

above all...you need to realign the head light, take it back to the stealership, just tell them do it again...slap couple of manager if necessary...
and then? if its still too dark for your taste? you can always upgrade to HID, well thats for another story...Oh, by the way...welcome to insanity...
wink.gif

Welcome, I think white is the fastest color
super.gif

Did you buy it new and get a left over or buy it used, I bought mine end of last year and couldnt find a new white one..
WECOME
beerchug.gif

welcome and post up some pics.
i was looking at a red 14 before i decided to take the busa and i have not looked back since.

Welcome. I always run with the high on during the day. A little extra protection never hurts. Also, traded bulbs for Silverstars. More light at night. I want to install HID as soon as I get the $$$$.

Welcome.

I alway run with my high beam on.

I will be upgrading to a HID. Just waiting for shipping confirmation!

Welcome to the board. I'm a new busa rider as well. I looked at the ZX-14, but the dealer was not willing to deal. I bought my 06 brand new at sky power sports in Lakeland, Fl for $9500.00 out the door. I love the bike. Smooth and fast!
beerchug.gif

engine.gif

Back