New "Wheel Alignment Tool" from Tiger Racing

2fast4u2c

Site Sponsor
Registered
Tiger Racing is proud to announce a new and inexpensive wheel alignment tool for the home mechanic. Professional results with a professional tool at a price you can afford.

Tiger Racing

TWG-stock_400.jpg

Starting at just $69.95 for the stock length and only $79.95 for extended swingarms.

Tiger has what you've been waiting for.

Enjoy!

Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a great and functional tool! Much better than the calibrated eyeball...

Tiger Racing is proud to announce a new and inexpensive wheel alignment tool for the home mechanic. Professional results with a professional tool at a price you can afford.

Tiger Racing

TWG-stock_400.jpg

Starting at just $69.95 for the stock length and only $79.95 for extended swingarms.

Tiger has what you've been waiting for.

Enjoy!

Guy

How does this actually work? I see the photos and understand the concept but are you measuring one side of the bike and then matching the other? Should the bike be on a stand or does it matter? Will this work for other model bikes like a Bandit?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the bike does not have to be on a stand. Yes, you are matching up each side so that the tire is straight. It will work on any bike with a swingarm pivot shaft hole (or matching hole) and the axle shaft. The axle doesn't even have to be hollow, you can center the pointed end of the tool on the axle itself if necessary.
I hope this helps you better understand the concept.

wouldnt the notches on the busa do this already?

As a "Rough" adjustment yes. But to get it perfect, you need something that geometrically aligns both sides exactly. Those notches can have your rear tire off by quite a bit because those notches ar stamped and there are too many variables to get each side perfect without some kind of tool like this. There are many out there besides mine, but at a much higher price.
You would be surprised how much you can be off just using the notches. And are your eyes that calibrated?

Normaly im the first to put down all the useless toy's, extra, bling and crap that
really isnt of any use but folk think is a "must have", but in this case i'll bite my lip.

I had an early 1200 Bandit that was over 1 full mark out on the adjusters from new.
Went on a guy's new motoliner jig for him to have a play with. I was told by the dealer
that it "was an acceptable tollerance". Not for me it wasnt.

Never used TIGER's system but i would imagine if you kept an eye on where the 4 spurs
touched if they didnt sit all even it would be a good guide.

Either way, Its good to get a 2nd opinion other than the factory adjusters.

Tony.

They actually sit tight in the holes as if they were conical. You just can't believe how much you will be off if you eyeball it using the hash marks that are stamped in the blocks. Since I land speed race and go over 225mph reguarly, being perfectly aligned is very critical to me. I have used this tool for a couple of years and now I am making them for my website.
If John Noonan uses one and most every high speed professional racer uses something other than their eyeball, than I think this adjustment is most critical. I just wanted to keep the cost down to the average bike owner.

No prob's.
I wasnt trying to question the tool, as I said I havent used one.
I will support you in telling folk that the the chain adjuster marks
shouldnt be considered as 100% trustworthy.

So how does it sit if the adjustment IS out ?
It sits off centre and not seated in one or both holes ?
I can visualise it "spot on" how does a bad alignment look / show up ?

Thanks
Tony.

One side will be spot on, the other too long or too short. You tighten the left side until chain slop is almost where you want it. Check it with the tool. Take that adjustment on the tool to the other side and adjust the right side until it matches the tool.

As you know, when you tighten up the right side, the chain will also tighten up when you get it equal with the left side. So I adjust the chain from the left side a little loose, then as I match up the right side, the chain comes in to proper alignment. If you have to change the left side, take a measurement with the tool before you go back to the right side (as viewed from the rear of bike) and then match up the right side to the tool. It's actually very fast and easy once you've done it the first time.

Last edited:
Is using a measuring tape safe? I measure the space from the end of the swingarm to the plates or the whatever that is that the bolts push against. lol

I like the tool though. Looks easy to use and I think would make adjusting your tire go a lot quicker. Nice!

Sorry, but not even close. A tape measure is eyeball. If you used a vernier caliper, you would get closer. Unless you are using a fixed point and measuring forward of the axle instead of after the axle, you will be off, even if ever so slightly, you will be off. The trick is getting the axle perfectly parallel with another fixed parallel ahead of the axle. Not behind it.

To answer the tape measure and hash marks questions, no, they are not good enough to use. Being off even 1/16" on the rear hash marks can make the alignment be off well over 1/4" at the front wheel. It's HUGE.

I use Paul Thede's method which is a little different but now that I know Noonan has a set of these, I'm gonna go by his camp for a look-see.

Nice product!

I have one from Pro-Lux Racing, they're worth their weight in Platinum. Every swing arm I've checked has been off. Some guys swear theirs is dead on until I check it with the alignment tool, they can't believe how much some are off.

Last edited:
As a "Rough" adjustment yes. But to get it perfect, you need something that geometrically aligns both sides exactly. Those notches can have your rear tire off by quite a bit because those notches ar stamped and there are too many variables to get each side perfect without some kind of tool like this. There are many out there besides mine, but at a much higher price.
You would be surprised how much you can be off just using the notches. And are your eyes that calibrated?

i never new that. im going to have to look into this. i just assumed it was good to go. seemed ok. never noticed anything. course dont know what i would have noticed anyway on a ride. might have to get this then...

and you can get one with a 15% discount until Christmas using coupon code:
Christmas15-2010

when checking out.

Guy

nice tool. i can appreciate the tire being straight for sure. But i would think a tape measure is good enough. it has served me for my 25 plus years of riding.

You would be surprised how far off you've been all these years too even though it has served you well enough. but when your going 200+, well enough isn't good enough for me.

Guy

Back