New toy for the stable. finally a way

Fugly

This Fugly Can Run
Donating Member
Registered
Picking this up today. What do you all think? I am buying it primarily for my son (Gixxer-Kid) to ride. Personally I can't wait to get in the sadle.  Yee Ha!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142329885 -->

06GSXR_600.jpg

Lucky Kid. Never had my dad buy me a bike. Hell I never got one part I asked for for X-mas.
Good for you and congrats to him.
smile.gif

Thanks all.. I am sure he and I both will have fun. Mom and I already have Bikes (me Busa, her 1600 meanstreak). When we all want to ride either one was left behind or my wife and I would ride two up on the meanstreak or on the Busa. My son is 17 and has been riding dirtbikes, Quads (for years) and either Moms Vulcan 800 classic her Meanstreak or the Busa. He has a good head on his shoulders and respects power. He will be riding primarily with us or his friends that have ridden with us and we are confident of there riding styles and maturity. He's a good kid, great in school never in trouble and we are very proud of him. So I am glad we can do it and be able to enjoy the sport as a family.    
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142340504 -->

I had a look at the 600 yeasterday. That thing is truely SMALL. It has canyon carver written all over it. No worries about turbulance from the windscreen cause if there is you're only going to feel it in you're crotch.

Not to flame you my friend. I admire you for your love and affection for your son. As a matter of fact, I bought my son a K5 just like that but he is 32 years old and has a number plate on his race bike.

I own two gixxer 1K's, a K5 and a K6 just like the one you purchased. I also am on busa number five. The proper term for that K5 gixxer is "Evil". It will out perform your busa in stock form, hands down except at top speed and even then it's just barely behind. It will launch the front up and over in third gear without effort. Just ask the ole boy from Texas that flipped his K5 over backwards on the freeway in third gear taking it home from the dealer, had ten miles on the speedo. Said he wanted to see if it would pick the tire up in third gear. It did!

A 17 year old has two chances of mastering that gixxer before he crashes it, slim and none. Your busa is a pussy cat compared to that gixxer. Your busa is mild mannered and possibly the easiest, safest high performance bike there is on the market to ride. Inexperienced riders are much safer on a busa.

Again, I'm not flaming you whatsoever. I just got chills up my back when I read your post. A 17 year old son, with little to no experience on high performance bikes turned loose on the nastiest, most radical, evil machine money will buy on two wheels, just makes me quiver. There is a reason you won't be able to buy insurance on that kid with that bike? And if you find one that will, the annual premium will be more than the cost of the bike.

If you think your 17 year old son is going to behave himself on that bike when you aren't looking, you have little experience with raising boys? It ain't gonna happen!

Sorry for the long post. If you love that boy the way I think you do, you would be wise to rethink your decision. I wish your son well and I'll say a prayer for him but, if I had to bet one way or the other, I'd bet that gixxer won't be in one piece by summers end.

If you do put him on that gixxer, don't forget a full suit of high dollar race gear. Best insurance you can buy!

I think all of us on this board should remember this kid in our prayers? I certainly will.

My Mistake Fugly, I thought you were buying that kid a gixxer 1000. I had another look at the photo and realized it's a new 600. Whole different ball game. I think you made a great choice. Good bike for him to learn on. Enjoy and forgive me for bursting out in sweat. I just couldn't believe a rational father would buy his son a 1K. You're a good dad. We need more like you
smile.gif

awesome Bike!!! I'd keep it for myself!!! J/K!! Good 1st bike (barely). Those 600's are still fast but a better choice than a Busa.

Thanks Dad!! Your'e the greatest. When is going to get to me? I promise I'll let you ride it.

Not to flame you my friend. I admire you for your love and affection for your son. As a matter of fact, I bought my son a K5 just like that but he is 32 years old and has a number plate on his race bike.

I own two gixxer 1K's, a K5 and a K6 just like the one you purchased. I also am on busa number five. The proper term for that K5 gixxer is "Evil". It will out perform your busa in stock form, hands down except at top speed and even then it's just barely behind. It will launch the front up and over in third gear without effort. Just ask the ole boy from Texas that flipped his K5 over backwards on the freeway in third gear taking it home from the dealer, had ten miles on the speedo. Said he wanted to see if it would pick the tire up in third gear. It did!

A 17 year old has two chances of mastering that gixxer before he crashes it, slim and none. Your busa is a pussy cat compared to that gixxer. Your busa is mild mannered and possibly the easiest, safest high performance bike there is on the market to ride. Inexperienced riders are much safer on a busa.

Again, I'm not flaming you whatsoever. I just got chills up my back when I read your post. A 17 year old son, with little to no experience on high performance bikes turned loose on the nastiest, most radical, evil machine money will buy on two wheels, just makes me quiver. There is a reason you won't be able to buy insurance on that kid with that bike? And if you find one that will, the annual premium will be more than the cost of the bike.

If you think your 17 year old son is going to behave himself on that bike when you aren't looking, you have little experience with raising boys? It ain't gonna happen!

Sorry for the long post. If you love that boy the way I think you do, you would be wise to rethink your decision. I wish your son well and I'll say a prayer for him but, if I had to bet one way or the other, I'd bet that gixxer won't be in one piece by summers end.

If you do put him on that gixxer, don't forget a full suit of high dollar race gear. Best insurance you can buy!

I think all of us on this board should remember this kid in our prayers? I certainly will.
Tufbusa,

I read your post and admire your respect for the 1K. I didn't consider it flamming. I too have respect for all motorcycles. As a matter of fact I just had surgery on March 3rd from a highside in Sept 05 on a Vulcan 800 Classic. My 17 year old son was right behind me on my Busa. (I did it as a lesson of what not to do
wink.gif
I had given this venture great consideration and have opted to purchase the 600 because it is the most stable of the the newer platforms and with his experience riding with us I think it will serve him well. I don't condone any inexperienced rider getting on any machine unless they respect it. You are right in that when my back is turned he may (I'll break is Neck if he does) push the envelope. But as I had stated earlier in the post I think he has a good head on his shoulders and will use his best judgement. Out of respect for him I trust he will and out of respect for me I would hope he wouldn't abuse this trust and love I have for him.   Once again I hear what you are saying and I too got chills down my back as I read your reply. I do appreciate you looking better at the post and acknowledge that the bike being a 600 is less of a chill down the spine. Although there is always that chill when ever he is off on his own, Driving his car, riding his moms Meanstreak, or my Busa.

Thank you for your compassion and concern. From one dad to another, it is appreciated.

Joe

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142371005 -->

Tufbusa,

I read your post and admire your respect for the 1K. I didn't consider it flamming. I too have respect for all motorcycles. As a matter of fact I just had surgery on March 3rd from a highside in Sept 05 on a Vulcan 800 Classic. My 17 year old son was right behind me on my Busa. (I didn't it as a lesson of what not to do:;): ) I had given this venture great consideration and have opted to purchase the 600 because it is the most stable of the the newer platforms and with his experience riding with us I think it will serve him well. I don't condone any inexperienced rider getting on any machine unless they respect it. You are right in that when my back is turned he may (I'll break is Neck if he does) push the envelope. But as I had stated earlier in the post I think he has a good head on his shoulders and will use his best judgement. Out of respect for him I trust he will and out of respect for me I would hope he wouldn't abuse this trust and love I have for him.   Once again I hear what you are saying and I too got chills down my back as I read you reply. I do appreciate you looking better at the post and acknowledge that the bike being a 600 is less of a chill down the spine. Although there is always that chill when ever he is off on his own, Driving his car, riding his moms Meanstreak, or my Busa.

Thank you for your compassion and concern. From one dad to another, it is appreciated.

Joe
Gotta let him do his thing at some time. Think its great that your there helping him learn how to do his thing safely.

Thanks all.. I am sure he and I both will have fun. Mom and I already have Bikes (me Busa, her 1600 meanstreak). When we all want to ride either one was left behind or my wife and I would ride two up on the meanstreak or on the Busa. My son is 17 and has been riding dirtbikes, Quads (for years) and either Moms Vulcan 800 classic her Meanstreak or the Busa. He has a good head on his shoulders and respects power. He will be riding primarily with us or his friends that have ridden with us and we are confident of there riding styles and maturity. He's a good kid, great in school never in trouble and we are very proud of him. So I am glad we can do it and be able to enjoy the sport as a family.    
jump9.gif
Hey, I was all those things and my ol' man would NEVER let me have a bike, dirt or otherwise.

biggrin.gif

Good man.

--Wag--

Ok I am sorry but even a GSXR 600 is faster than most of the bikes you could buy 10 or 15 years ago. No way in hell I would turn a 17 year old loose on that thing unless he hit the lotto or just signed on to open for Eminem! And if he did... I'll take some of that too! Go easy!

Back