New to the Org and new to the Busa

And I'm 109 shopping so how about we make a deal. I tell you anything I can about Busa owning and you tell me anything you can about 109 owning.

No problem. I'll tell ya anything you wanna know. Have had a 9 since May of 08. I'm on my second 9 due to girl watching when I should have been watching traffic. Got close to 30,000 seat miles on the 9. Hoping havin the Bus will keep me from riding the 9 like a sport bike. Went to the Dragon and Virginia/ West Virginia in June and damn near wore thru the pipes. Can't wait to get some miles on the Busa

That 109 is obsolete now,

You should give it to me so I can dispose of it for you. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

OK the Busa likes rear tires. If you get 3K out of a rear you are doing real good.

The Busa gets good mileage if you don't twist the throttle very much.

The Busa will teach you how to ride in ways you never had to learn. With the Busa it is all about throttle control. It is the only bike that I have broke traction at triple digits because I accelerated too hard for the conditions.

There is a false neutral between 5th and 6th if you shift at lower RPMs. And I am nitpicking to find negatives here on the Busa.

So how is the 109. Any quirks? Does it consume tires like the Busa? Any problems? Issues. Wishes that were better?

I am going to look at the same 07 color you have. Looks to be real clean. May have one tomorrow. Anything I need to look for?

The 9 loves rear tire as well. Mine has air ride. I find with the air ride if I do a burnout and don't have the shock back pressured all the way I get wheel hop. That one thing has gotten me over 7000 miles out of the latest back tire. Before the air ride I got around 5000 miles. Make sure the 9 you're looking at has never been down. I laid one down at 15=20 mph and totaled it. Bent the frame at the right foot peg. Kinda hard to tell but the tranny can be an issue. There aren't a lot but some guys have had problems with shift forks. Gears are all straight cut so you need to shift it like you mean it. I have an Evo shift star and that seems to make the shifts a little easier and more positive. The paint on the 9 sucks too. More precisely, the clear coat sucks.. Soft as hell scratches easy. I love the 9. Get lots of attention every where I go and it's almost a 4 year old bike. Get it you'll love it.

Back