New to mods

jfobusa

Registered
What are some good mods to start off with on an 03 stock busa. AKA make more hp before maybe getting a turbo.

before the turbo? why spend anything on mods for power besides maybe a PC3? all going to be for nothing if you put air down the top.. Pipes, air box mods, cams, pistons, head work are all sort of a waste of time..

I might suggest you get your budget in line first and that should direct your HP hunt...

What are you going for? Top end runs? 1/4 mile? 1/8 mile? Just want to burn the rear tire off?

What are some good mods to start off with on an 03 stock busa. AKA make more hp before maybe getting a turbo.

:welcome:

Bang for Buck! Gearing! Can go down one in front(or 3 in back) and start from there. Later can do 1down up front and 2 in rear. Always best to do your bike in stages. Each time you add something you'll get the Warm tingly feeling. Do it all at once and you'll only have that feeling once. :beerchug:

Things to do together...
1. full exhaust
2. PC3 (usb)
3. Air Box Mod

Tre... Well that's a debate on whether you want it or not.

Gearing set you back maybe couple hundred bucks with new chain. Exhaust and pc3 will set you back $1,000+ new if can get a nice deal on exhaust.

Tuned it up lately? Cleaned the fuel system?

Thanks for all your inputs. :thumbsup: And yes the bike is all stock. Sounds like it would be better to just wait and throw in a turbo, besides gettting a pc and tre. As for budget, if it's a turbo, i will have to wait till next summer. Other mods I can afford, pc/tre, withing the next month. Maybe a chain and sprocket kit the month afterward.Topend is not an issue, I don't need to go very fast just get up to speed quickly. So maybe a gear change, pc, and tre for now. And I though the airbox mod was useless unless you and engine mods already.

Last edited:
With the purchase of the power commander you will still need a "Custom" tune to benefit from it. You'll get a little gain,but not much. Tunes can cost some $$. Best to ask here if someone knows a tuner in your area. Hit a local Bike night in your area and ask there if someone here doesn't know of one.

I'd go with chain and sprocket(s) first.

Tre... Can buy from one of our sponsors or this... Cycle Really is your choice. Do some research on the two and decide which one is going to fit your needs now and in the future.

I ordered a TRE from one of the sponsors. Also ordered a 43t sprocket and speedohealer off ebay. Just got done with the can mod and sounds good. Didn't get a chance to ride it, but maybe tomorrow. I will also get a PC sometime this week. I went to dynojet's website and found a couple of places that can tune the bike down in Denver. Hopefully I can get everything done in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the help :beerchug:

Just sprocket? Depending on chain there can be wear and compatibility issues. Chain snap on a Busa is often very costly from the damage. Is good to play it safe. Do a search on "snapped chain"

Sounds like your off to a great start. :beerchug:

The chain only has less than 1000 miles on it. I replaced it when I bought the bike. I know the sprocket will wear down faster, but it will have do untill I get the chain and sprocket kit next summer. Then I can change the gearing again.

Back