New To Forum: Clutch or Kickstand switch 2015

$Tony B

Registered
I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but I'm new to forum. Having issue when placed in first gear it falls dead. Kickstand is up, and when I pull clutch in there is a small audible rattling. Manage to roll down hill and start but clutch is either not disengaged b/c it continue to pull with clutch pull in. 3300mi give or take. 3rd Busa but not mechanically incline on motorcycle well major stuff.

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but I'm new to forum. Having issue when placed in first gear it falls dead. Kickstand is up, and when I pull clutch in there is a small audible rattling. Manage to roll down hill and start but clutch is either not disengaged b/c it continue to pull with clutch pull in. 3300mi give or take. 3rd Busa but not mechanically incline on motorcycle well major stuff.
Welcome... If I understand what you're saying...
Sounds like you have an issue with the cover over the engine sprocket. This holds the slave cylinder for the clutch in place. You will probably find a crack there

Welcome... If I understand what you're saying...
Sounds like you have an issue with the cover over the engine sprocket. This holds the slave cylinder for the clutch in place. You will probably find a crack there
Okay I'll check there but it has sat up for 2 years with me starting it up periodically and keeping it on a trickle charge. Which has nothing to do with my current issue. Not a hard rider but I'll check it. Thanks for your response I really appreciate it.
Tony B

Okay I'll check there but it has sat up for 2 years with me starting it up periodically and keeping it on a trickle charge. Which has nothing to do with my current issue. Not a hard rider but I'll check it. Thanks for your response I really appreciate it.
Tony B
Still not 100% clear on the problem. You're saying the clutch is not fully disengaging? Or you're not able to start the bike when you pull the clutch lever in?
If the bike starts when you pull the lever in the switch the clutch switch is fine...
If the clutch is not fully disengaging or not disengaging at all.
You may have a cracked case as I mentioned before. If you don't see a crack there. The clutch may be low on fluid. If that's the problem. You need to ad fluid and bleed it.

Still not 100% clear on the problem. You're saying the clutch is not fully disengaging? Or you're not able to start the bike when you pull the clutch lever in?
If the bike starts when you pull the lever in the switch the clutch switch is fine...
If the clutch is not fully disengaging or not disengaging at all.
You may have a cracked case as I mentioned before. If you don't see a crack there. The clutch may be low on fluid. If that's the problem. You need to ad fluid and bleed it.
Okay I understand I doubt its crack maybe a fluid level problem as you mentioned. Yes its starts fine but when engaging first gear with kickstand up it falls dead with a quick launch forward again with clutch pulled in. It shouldn't do anything if clutch is pulled but as stated it wants to go.

Okay I understand I doubt its crack maybe a fluid level problem as you mentioned. Yes its starts fine but when engaging first gear with kickstand up it falls dead with a quick launch forward again with clutch pulled in. It shouldn't do anything if clutch is pulled but as stated it wants to go.
When you see how wimpy that little black cover that holds the slave cylinder is, you’ll understand why some have mentioned that as the possible cause. That was my first thought when I read your post too, so worth taking a look at it.
by the way, welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

When you see how wimpy that little black cover that holds the slave cylinder is, you’ll understand why some have mentioned that as the possible cause. That was my first thought when I read your post too, so worth taking a look at it.
by the way, welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Thanks for the advice and I certainly will accept it Graciously. It's been parked for 2 years no movement so that's the only reason I made the comment. I'm not mechanically inclined on bikes but I'll pull fairing off and check in the morning. You guys been great and I really appreciate your help thanks again.

Crack,fluid,air in system,clutch bolt/bolts on hub or clutch basket nut may have backed out(loosened).That would explain yer rattling sound.
Dont start up again until you pull the clutch cover.
Just my 2 cents.
Welcome,

Rubb.

Thanks for the advice and I certainly will accept it Graciously. It's been parked for 2 years no movement so that's the only reason I made the comment. I'm not mechanically inclined on bikes but I'll pull fairing off and check in the morning. You guys been great and I really appreciate your help thanks again.
Another possibility is Maybe seals have gone bad from sitting or just needs fresh fluid.

Crack,fluid,air in system,clutch bolt/bolts on hub or clutch basket nut may have backed out(loosened).That would explain yer rattling sound.
Just my 2 cents.
Welcome,

Rubb.
I was waiting for someone else to bring it up ro make sure it wasn't just me reading wrong but I had am 05 I worked on last year that the clutch bolts backed out on and in doing so when the clutch was pulled it couldn't move because of the bolt and caused the slave cylinder to crack the housing. So as everyone said that's the first place to check and if it's not cracked then my next guess would be the plates stuck together as @Bobby914 said.

OK... If you don't see a crack or any flexing at the engine sprocket case. It's most likely the fluid level or air in the clutch system. If you don't see any leaks in the system. Bleeding will probably take care of your problem. Really not to hard to bleed it. Just take care not to get any fluid on plastic or painted surfaces. 4 dot brake fluid is very corrosive.

Just my 2 cents.
Welcome,

Rubb.
Thanks I really appreciate it, all of you all have been great help....

Another possibility is Maybe seals have gone bad from sitting or just needs fresh fluid.
Yeah thats what the mechanic said, however he's going to flush and replace with Dot 5. He stated slave cable could be the other issue but after he finish I should be running by next weekend. Thanks again

Last edited:
Back