New Tires

MacGyver

Registered
Hey everyone, time has come for some new rubber. I was leaning toward the Pirelli Diablo, and just wanted to throw a shout-out to you guys to see what you think. I hear the Diablo's are awesome....anyone disagree or have a better option for me.

Also, I'm not sure if I should change the front out as well, it's got 4k miles on it. What's the average life for (stock) front tire on the busa?

Thanks
Mac

I also have the Pirelli Diablo's and I love them! Just for the sake of experimenting, I am going to try both the Avon's and the Pilot's before the summer is over, but right now I'm fairly sure that after those, I'll end up going back to the Pirelli's!

Metzler M1's, definately
smile.gif
Although pretty much depends on your riding style really.

As for size, again, depends on your riding style. A 180 is going to be more friendly for twisty rides, the 190 (stock) is going to be probably the best for general and a 200+ would be better if you were a straight line rider.

Dialbo: great turn in, little bumpier at top end speeds than stock.
Dunlop: too slippery for my harsh style
EOM: sticky, wears kinda fast
HPX: rear out of stock across most of america

I put on a set of Avon's last month and I'm very pleased with their performance so far . I also saved a few $$$ as well .

Love my M1's, heading for my 3rd rear. Hug like crazy, only draw back is they don't have a very long life expectancy (pending style of riding I might ad 3000-3300 miles) Of course how many tires last long with all that grunt draggin em against the asphalt?

BD

I've got about 800 miles on the diablo corsas, if you are a twisties rider, this is your tire...kind of spendy, though. I have a feeling the corsas are going to wear fast, could be from the pounding I give them, no???

moondog, are Corsa's road rated? as far as heatup and potholes an wet traction? just curious. thought they were track only

I have used the M1's and they are great tires. My 1st rear I got about 2200 miles on and the second 770 miles. Take into accout the last rear had over 400 miles at Deals Gap and the surrounding roads. IMO they offer a great balance of life with great feedback. I just spooned on a set of Michelin H2's and after one weekend at Deals they still look new. I only rode about 200 miles there over the weekend. I am real curious too see how long these are gonna last.....

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087420092 -->

The diablos stick very nicely. If you strictly ride and no stuntin. You will be fine. I UNFORTUNAtely didnt know they were that soft and i blew it up in 3.5 weeks.
cool.gif
Oh well. Now i am trying these continentals

That's a good choice. I just got the Diablo on the rear (a 3" screw made its way into my stock one) and I just got done scrubbing it in...I'm very impressed. I got mine from parts411...sweet deal (I thought). 190 is a good size to stay with, unless you are a very specific type of rider (straight line, twisties, etc...)

Macgyver i have a front diablo that i will sell for $70.00 plus hsipping if you want it. its only three weeks old too, cuz i am going to put a continental on the front of my bus soon. let me know.

I like the M1s also, I've had the 208s and they wear the same as the Metzelers, about 3k. I like the way the Metzelers handle in the twistys, just my 2c.

Back