New tires already?

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, as it turns out, it's time to get new 'shoes' on my bike. Last time I went in for an oil-change and tires, was on 5/21/07; odometer reading: 6607. Today I made an appointment for another service and new tires, as I have efficiently reached that point...with a surprising 11,508 miles reading.

From 5/21 to 7/11, is 51 days; of these, I was on business travel for 9 of them, leaving 42 days to ride the rubber off those tires.

4893 miles divided into 42 days = an average of 116.5 miles per day. Many of these days were spent driving my truck instead of the bike, so I'm sure the average is conservative...I'm not trying to pin this too much to the wall; just saying...
eek2.gif

I love my bike so very very much.

Busa_Road_Trip_8.jpg

They're the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT.

I do a great variety of riding, alternating regularly between commuting, all weekend-long twisties, and very long-distance...which ensures I get the most miles out of my tires.

Aside from that, I don't ride like a so-called 'squid.'

I anticipate great praise for getting that many miles out of a set of tires in so little time.

For realz.

Where you going?  On my first '06 'busa, I did a 3,300 miler in 8 days, last year.  It was an absolute blast.

Five national parks (Zion, Black Canyon, Grand Canyon, Cedar Breaks and (damn, I'm going to have to think about the last one).  Four Corners was cool, too.

<span style='color:darkred'>Edit: 5th one was The Arches <table style=filter:glow(color=red)></table></span>

Let me know where you're going...

Tennessee and North Carolina...some place called "Deal's Gap" aka the Dragon
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 11 2007,19:11) Tennessee and North Carolina...some place called "Deal's Gap" aka the Dragon  
super.gif
Rich! Lamb mentioned this ride to Scar and his interest was high!

(Scar @ Jul. 11 2007,16:23) I anticipate great praise for getting that many miles out of a set of tires in so little time.  

For realz.
Here is a heap of praise being thrown your general direction!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

Can't believe you need a new set of tires already! It seems like just yesterday that you wore the last ones to the cords!

bowdown.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 11 2007,22:11) Tennessee and North Carolina...some place called "Deal's Gap" aka the Dragon
super.gif
That's so cool, I am so looking forward to meeting you.

I generally get 4K out of the rear Michelin, looks like 15K out of the front. I ride aggressively occasionally
tounge.gif
10 months 17K miles.
super.gif

Threadbare, indeed, Lamb. You were there. It does seem like yesterday, doesn't it ?!? Holy crap! p.s...thanks for the heap of praise. I think I've been sufficiently stroked for this.

The Deal's Gap deal sounds like the ride of a life. Can you (the 'anyone' you) give more details? My travel is rather planned for the balance of the year, and if that can be shoe-horned into the sched, then allow me to 'whorn in'. Pun.

I'm looking forward to meeting some more of you, as well...Lamb is my conduit to all you great folks and I'm taking this moment of your time to spread thick the KUDOS to the bro, Mr. Lamb. Thanks, sir.

RSVP, ya'llz.

You can find numerous threads here and the Gap on the internet. Look for deals gap, and the dragon, dragon tail.

(dadofthree @ Jul. 11 2007,21:58) You can find numerous threads here and the Gap on the internet. Look for deals gap, and the dragon, dragon tail.
That I'll do, signore. Molto grazie. I'm going to go check it out right now...BRB

(dadofthree @ Jul. 11 2007,09:21)
(BA BUSA @ Jul. 11 2007,22:11) Tennessee and North Carolina...some place called "Deal's Gap" aka the Dragon  
super.gif
It's really not that big a deal...

He's not that special.
tounge.gif

(Scar @ Jul. 11 2007,01:03) Well, as it turns out, it's time to get new 'shoes' on my bike.  Last time I went in for an oil-change and tires, was on 5/21/07; odometer reading:  6607.  Today I made an appointment for another service and new tires, as I have efficiently reached that point...with a surprising 11,508 miles reading.

From 5/21 to 7/11, is 51 days; of these, I was on business travel for 9 of them, leaving 42 days to ride the rubber off those tires.

4893 miles divided into 42 days = an average of 116.5 miles per day.  Many of these days were spent driving my truck instead of the bike, so I'm sure the average is conservative...I'm not trying to pin this too much to the wall; just saying...
eek2.gif

I love my bike so very very much.
Dang dude.....how the heck can you get that many miles out of a sport tire???

I'm lucky to get 2500-2800.....and no, they are not squared off in the center...

Good for you doing that many miles in a short period of time!

wish I could get out that much........
beerchug.gif

(mjn @ Jul. 11 2007,22:36)
(dadofthree @ Jul. 11 2007,09:21)
super.gif
It's really not that big a deal...

He's not that special.
tounge.gif
I love you too
bluegrab.gif

The .ORG Busa Bash is the last weekend of April. I would want to leave the weekend before on Friday or Saturday...get there by
Monday night or early Tuesday. The BEST riding @ "The Dragon's Tail" is Tuesday-Thursday...Friday-Sunday is more group stuff + cagers and the POPO come out
sad.gif

Then late Sunday or early Monday we head home...two weeks would do it 6-7K miles  
beerchug.gif

Deal's Gap is the BOMB! I will await the news of the proposed dates for this adventure.

Lamb: What's your schedule like this fall?

woo hoo!

Back