New time for the bike!!

89mustang

Registered
image_zpscb89c363.jpg

I put my clutch mod and cushion in ran a best of 9.62. I went for broke this week I got it tuned for some mr12 and put a 42t rear sprocket im happy with the results. I know my 60' needs some work the clutch cried uncle tonight so I'll get one in for next weekend. I also ran a couple 9.39's as well

Yea I can't keep track of the current config of everyone's bike. It's hard enough to remember what I need to on mine!

I found that at swb high 1.5's in the 60 foot like you are running was about all I could do on a regular basis. Beyond that it is your weight and the air that determines how fast you go. I assume you are runnning a 17 tooth front sprocket? I found on my last swb bike that I could run a 45 tooth rear sprocket and the stock 18 up front which would be pretty close to 17/42.

The list of mods are Brock's alien head full exhaust, lowering triple clamp and strap,adj. lowering links, bmc street filter mr12 and 93 oct. tune done by win racing, 17-42 gearing, and some weight removed.

Sounds like the right list of mods.

No air shifter? It may not make you much faster but it saves a run if your front end is up when you need to shift.

I'm debating on what I want to do with the bike now. I can't decide if I want to turn this into a drag only bike and do an air shifter nitrous etc. and by a street bike or leave it alone and see how fast I can go swb.

An air shifter really doesn't make it a drag bike. When I had both a dedicated race bike and a street bike I put an air shifter on the street bike because I knew I'd take it to the track every now and then. Using the ECU control the air shifter is pretty cheap. I got mine from Cycle-Tek and only bought the pieces I needed. FYI you can make your own ECU air shifter harness.

Would I have to have the Ecu flashed for an air shifter or could you just buy the kill box? I'm clueless about one.

You can do it either way, but the ECU flash is definately better. You can kill fuel and ignition, and there is no connection required to the coils like with a kill box. It is also a more accurate way to adjust kill time.

I know Win racing does ECU stuff. I'm in Iowa and will be running the next two Saturday's at Cedar Falls Iowa (weather permitting) if you want to come over, or if you are over this way whenever that is cool too.

I might take you up on that offer Dennis. I'm kinda far living near Chicagoland speedway (rt. 66). The Ecu flash is there a complete package you can buy? Or is it something simple. I hate having to take my bike to someone else I think it couldn't be too hard to do that stuff just gotta get started in the right direction.

I have the first generation flash box kit from Boost by Smith. Looks like Woolich makes one similar.
GEN2 BUSA / GSXR / BKING - ECU FLASHING INFORMATION PAGE

Woolich Racing makes a box that does everything the basic box does but also allows data logging and self-tuning. I might look at getting one this winter.

Log Box
The software is free from ecueditor.com

It has all changed a bit since I got into it an I haven't needed to update anything but I'm sure it's even better stuff now.

Does anyone have a air shifter they recommend? Just curious about throwing a small shot on it (20-30)wet kit. Anyone think good or bad idea. I know you can't spray on mr12

Thank you I'm happy with the time it put down. I know there's gotta be a 9.30 or maybe a shade better. I'm trying to get that 60' down if I could only hit a 1.50-1.52 I think I'd see the pass I'm looking for. I'm going to give it hell this weekend and try.

I was talking about using nitrous with the mr12. I do know it doesn't make a difference what fuel your using when using an air shifter but that's about all I know haha.

Back