2003 Busa Times Need Help

nubusa

Registered
I have a 2003 busa went to the track the other day My best time was 10.366 60' was 1.718 & 1/8 was a 6.751.
I have done a few Of the BDE mods like Clutch Cushion Kit, Clutch Hub, Lowering Links, Strap & 16 tooth Sprocket.
My weight is 220# Dressed? What could be the problem?
Brocks Site shows 9.66 in the 1/4! With those mods. Just a little help please.

id say your probably not getting the throtle open soon enough my 03 runs 6.47 at the 8th mile with similar 60' takes practice keep at it:)

What tire pressure are you running? How are you shifting? What's your MPH?

I have no mods at all, and my best of 6 passes (total, ever) is 10.51@135 with stock everything: height, gearing, tire pressure, suspension settings, exhaust, etc. I'm around 175# unsuited. Yeah, I suck, need seat time. Nothing modified except for a stepped seat. My 60' times are horrid so far. Shifting without the clutch helped a bunch - keeping pressure on the shift lever just before a shift, when it's time to shift, snapping my wrist just slightly off throttle and back on, slides right into the next gear. That helped a bunch on the top end.

The #'s on the site are from an experienced rider. Your 60' needs to improve some but the real #'s that you want to get down are the 330' mark. That is your launch plus your 1st - 2nd gear shift. It just takes seat time, being smooth, and getting that throttle WIDE open as soon as possible. Good Luck! What part of La. are you from? I used to live in Shreveport many years ago.

My speed was 133.481 mph. The reason I am asking is that day at the track I smoked a gsxr 1000 off the line had him good at half track but he was still able to catch me at 3/4 track & pass me & his bike was a little over stock pipe & sprockets I dont think he should have caught me.
I live in new Iberia

Also no clutch shifts & 25# of tire pressure

I was wondering if those time brock posted were 99 & 2000 times & not 03 times

Your speed seems to be way down. What do you have for a rear sprocket? What gear do you go through the traps in? What RPM are you shifting at?

<!--EDIT|streaker00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081552054 -->

I would get your bike dynoed and see what kind of power you are putting down. Your times are way low for your mods! You should be running quicker BONE STOCK!

With your mods you should be in the 9.7-.8 @ 140mph with your weight!

You need to work on your launch and get the clutch out quicker and gas on sooner. With those mods you should 60' in the 1.5-.6 range and be in the low 4's in the 330'. You aren't getting to full throttle soon enough because your 1/8-mile times are to slow. 1/8-mile should be at least 6.2-.4 with those mods!

Get back out there and practice....pracitce....practice......

Check out some of my old posts for launch help. I also posted some good info. in a few of LCW's threads!

Josh
blues.gif

Oh and Brock's times can be run on any year Busa(99-04)!

I race at his local track and have seen it. Last time I saw him, he ran a 9.3 on his SLOW shop bike! He should be knocking on the 8's with basic mods this summer!

He helped me get in the 9's BONE STOCK!
super.gif

It can be done, it just takes a lot of practice.....practice.....practice......

Back