New Stripper on board the .Org

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
A buddy called me up and asked if I wanted my Busa painted...how could I resist
smile.gif
30minutes later I was delivering the parts to his house. Man the Busa looks funky as a stripper!

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

at least drape a sheet over her to cover her nekkidness
laugh.gif

btw, what color scheme are you going with?

Solid Black paint...and then I will finally add the Green Lantern Decals from Thundercomposites I bought a few months ago...man its been a long wait for this. Not sure I will keep the GL thing going on, depends on what she looks like when its all back together and decked out in the decals. If not, then I'll strip and powder coat the green stuff gloss black, or maybe red, I dunno.
I just took the passenger peg mounts off so I can strip and powder coat them tomorrow, gloss black since they are like an extension of the plastics..think socks and slacks ;) I will hopefully get the new 43t sprocket (thanks to Brendan) powder coated as well, thinking psycho lime to match the triple top clamp, and then the hub (cush drive cover) in gloss black. So many little parts to powder coat, but for now, just want to get the peg brackets done so the plastics can go back on when the plastics get done. I'm hoping this is worth the time, wait and all... my buddy is doing it for cost of paint only, so its only an $80 mistake or gold mine. We'll see. Either way, I will post pics, hopefully it will be gold mine pics!

Thanks Heavy... I hope we're right. I've beat my brain cell into submission trying to think of what color to pc which parts.. Here's what I'm looking at:
Gloss Black:
Pass. peg drops
Rearsets
Hub

Psycho Lime:
Sprocket
Stator and clutch covers
Fairing Screens
Gas filler ring
Shift lever and adjustment rod

Brake Arm Gold or Lime?
Spacer for the exhaust can attachment to pass peg drop Lime or Black?

Grab bar...hmmm this is an interesting one. The decals are an awesome green with like a sun ray pattern thru them, in a lighter almost gold. So, my buddy mentioned I should mask off the sun ray pattern and alternate the lime and gold...will take a few hours taping off, but I think if it works, it will touch it off just right. If not, strip it and go gloss black.

sounds good...i think she should come together fine and as long as you are happy that is all that matters
beerchug.gif

I am embarassed...my face is flushing. Please put a towel over her rear.

Sounds sweet bro.... just about got mine back together so we will have to hit it once yours is.....

(CAT3 @ Jan. 05 2007,22:24) Thanks Heavy... I hope we're right. I've beat my brain cell into submission trying to think of what color to pc which parts.. Here's what I'm looking at:
Gloss Black:
Pass. peg drops
Rearsets
Hub

Psycho Lime:
Sprocket
Stator and clutch covers
Fairing Screens
Gas filler ring
Shift lever and adjustment rod

Brake Arm Gold or Lime?
Spacer for the exhaust can attachment to pass peg drop Lime or Black?

Grab bar...hmmm this is an interesting one. The decals are an awesome green with like a sun ray pattern thru them, in a lighter almost gold. So, my buddy mentioned I should mask off the sun ray pattern and alternate the lime and gold...will take a few hours taping off, but I think if it works, it will touch it off just right. If not, strip it and go gloss black.
I am a big fan of using transparent paint or powder over polished or chrome parts.

That will look better than solid paint.

My recommendation is to paint the plastic and step back, then paint the accent pieces.

Go step by step so you can see it come together.

Back