New steel rear sprocket...

came today to replace the P.O.S. aluminum one thats on there now 46 tooth... :thumbsup:

BILD0135.jpg

how much of a differance is there... I know my gen 1 had a 40 tooth stock I just ordered a 43 tooth... not that its the same but just wondering how the 46 is

I've watched too many friends aluminum sprockets disintegrate...I'll never put them on any of my bikes. Steel all the way for me :thumbsup:

how much of a differance is there... I know my gen 1 had a 40 tooth stock I just ordered a 43 tooth... not that its the same but just wondering how the 46 is

it's replacing a 45 tooth which is peppy it should be just a little more peppy... :laugh: when winter roles around i'll put a 17 in front... should be REALLY peppy after that might have to go back to an ultra soft tire so it hooks up...

I hope aluminum isn't too bad???? I just got a 46t Vortex.:thumbsup:

I run aluminum (vortex) with no issues (so far) and I'm fairly rough on them. I've got 4 sizes alum and 2 steel hanging on the wall.

Add a turbo or another extra 100 hp though and I can see some problems coming up.

Does anyone know what the std gearing on the gen2 in comparison the the gen 1, also are the std sprockets steel.

I run aluminum (vortex) with no issues (so far) and I'm fairly rough on them. I've got 4 sizes alum and 2 steel hanging on the wall.

Add a turbo or another extra 100 hp though and I can see some problems coming up.
No problems here either.

came today to replace the P.O.S. aluminum one thats on there now 46 tooth... :thumbsup:

Please post up a photo of your P.O.S. aluminum sprocket. We have been running Vortex aluminum sprockets for years with no ill issues. Of all the racers I know who run aluminum sprockets, I have never heard one complaint. If you truely have a problem with aluminum, I'd like to see the results!

For the fella who says he has friends who has disintegrated aluminum sprockets, please post up photos and details. What manufacturer made these sprockets, how many friends had this problem, pictures of the crash, injuries involved, pending law suits, etc. Help us poor souls who have never had this problem protect ourselves from disaster!

Last edited:
can't post pics cause the vortex is in the trash, and i don't have to post pics it's a give in that aluminum doesn't last as long as steel my aluminum sprocket lasted about 4K miles... my stock sprocket that had 10K miles looks 100% better then the aluminum sprocket with 4K that needed to be replaced...

Last edited:

Please post up a photo of your P.O.S. aluminum sprocket. We have been running Vortex aluminum sprockets for years with no ill issues. Of all the racers I know who run aluminum sprockets, I have never heard one complaint. If you truely have a problem with aluminum, I'd like to see the results!

For the fella who says he has friends who has disintegrated aluminum sprockets, please post up photos and details. What manufacturer made these sprockets, how many friends had this problem, pictures of the crash, injuries involved, pending law suits, etc. Help us poor souls who have never had this problem protect ourselves from disaster!

im also intrested in this, i bought a cat5 vortex, although im thinking maybe i should have bought the f5 its ptfe hardened...

Back