Looking for a 42 tooth steel rear sprocket

Steel is hard to get, if at all. But I've recently done the research and all the people who should know say aluminum will last as long as you stay aligned. I'm putting in a 42 on top of my 16 this weekend.

175 horse now. How do you think 2nd wheelies will go with an 11.5% gear reduction HAHAHA!

BTW are you not getting my e-mails about the cams, Nick? Do you still want them?

I once used an Aluminum sprocket on my 1206cc GSXR 1100.I launched at the track and BOOM!!it felt as if I got hit from the back by a Mack Truck.I looked down and found 6 teeth missing from my rear sprocket.

Have injected nitro ( 90 % ) GS 1150 based bike, since 1986, with 10.5" wrinkle wall. Bike needed chain adjustment on every pass, and chains replaced every 12 passes, but never harmed aluminum sprocket. Ran 630 chains.

i've talked to andrew at superbike racing the best sprockets in the industry or talon and renthal

To Gixxer1300: I bought the set 15 years ago. Possibly Sunstar, or Sprocket Specialties. Nowadays, would recommend AFAM, for better fit, concentricity, and tolerances. Less likely to get tight spots in chain. They cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for.

Have you guys (in US I mean) "access" to JT sprockets?
I've always used their steel rear sprockets and they have em for every bike and with any number of teeth you like and they're extremely tough in my experience.

Back