new sprockets and chain install

pcosho

Registered
Just installed new jt sprockets and zzz chain last weekend. Callled the stealership and they wanted over 100.00 bucks to have them installed. So I decided to do it myself and by doing so it payed for my kn oil filter and oil change.:thumbsup: All in all it was pretty easy just very messy. I tried to wipe off the extra lube on the new chain but it does not come off easily so therefore just had to do a quick speed test and suffer the cleaning.:banghead:

use kerosene to clean off the chain...then lube it up with your favorite:thumbsup:

I always spray a rag with WD 40 or something similar to wipe the grease off. Takes forever and it still flings, but not nearly as bad

I use PJ1 Black and or Blue Label. I cant remeber which one is street and which one is dirt.. either way i recommened their cleaning product because it works very well.

Just finished my 14 and it was NOT an easy task but I found it quite rewarding. !7T supersprox output, 45T rear Vortex (Blue anodized cool as hell). Chrome EK ZZZ. The chain tool cost more than the chain but it is a good, reliable one.

Saved 12.6 oz of rotating mass (even going +4 on the rear). The ZZZ chain was loaded up with lytheum grease. It's a lot stronger and still came in at the same weight/link as the bone dry stock DID chain. Could have shaved more weight converting to 525 pitch sprocks/chain but thought it best to stay with 530 for these torquers.

I have not been able to try yet. Think I would sticking to stock gearing on the busa. IDK if it is remotely necessary to shorten gearing on these bikes for twisties and general sport riding...but lots of fun to try stuff.

Back