New Sliders Installed!!!

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
Worth every penny imo.  Nothing had to be cut or drilled and the quality and fit is incredible.  All mounting hardware is ¼" thick steel that attaches to motor mount locations.  Best of all there is bar stock that attaches both ends so that if the bike goes down the load is shared at both sides of the bike.

Once the fairings are off, install time is less than ½ and hour.

I'll set up a detailed web page later tonight or tomorrow.

Here are a few pics:

looks good, can you provide some details about how they are mounted and what the cost is for those? Also the colors available. Sliders are going to be my next purchase. Are they designed to hold during a decent spill? Thanks,

i am interested in this set up definatley dont want to cut so let me know!!!

Ditto!
smile.gif

Wow, I guess there is quite a bit of interest in these...glad I took some pics
smile.gif

I put up a quick web site here:

At the end is a link to the manufacturer and the place I bought them from. Just click on the names.

If any links or pics don't show up let me know!

I like the design/engineering, but $233 is
cha-ching...expensive.

This is exactly what I was looking for to add sliders without cutting anything. The price is a touch high although the quality looks pretty tight. Will have to ponder this for a bit and see if prices come down.
wink.gif

thanks for setting up the web site and pics. My dealer wanted about 300$ to install some sliders, and I have been debating whether to do it myself (worried about screwing up my panels ).. This might be a good compromise. And if the sliders really do distribute the weight better, then this might be a better solution if things go poorly some day
smile.gif

dd

Thanks for all te info. You really went out of your way. I agree with the others about the cost, it's really too much considering the cost it probably takes to put the package together. I am sure if the company went down on the price many more would buy the kit... it looks pretty cool to me!

Good question Juggler, I'd be in on it if the discount is steep enough. I think it's a question best posted to the manufacturer's website than this forum though, and I'm too lazy to ask.

Never mind. I just sent an order to Bike Design, the maker of the product, asking for a group rate and looking for a quantity of 25. I'll buy them and sell them for cost to Hayabusa.org members if the company authorizes a discount that we can all agree to.
rock.gif

Back