New shoes!!!!!!!

KvHotDog4

Registered
So I finally get home today from what seemed to be the longest day of my life, time to put my wheels back on with the brand new shoes. I notice while I am working its raining the stopping enough to dry then raining again. I get finished it has not rained in awhile and about to head out on a SleeperRed run on a dry road to test out the new tires and the bottom falls out before I finish putting on my helmet :( . I figure the slick coating on the tire mixed with the rain and oil on the road would not be a good decision so I deside to do some other work because I am too antsy for bed its suppose to be 80 tomorrow :thumbsup: , but its only 1/2 a day dry then storms and tornados coming in till Wednesday, no long trips for me :( :( :( :( :( :(

How does it look?

Had this typed up and was loading pics this morning about 2:00 am I fell asleep before hitting post lol

Last edited:
Why does it take so long to upload pics!!!!!!!!!!!

IMGP2698.jpg

IMGP2701.jpg

IMGP2695.jpg

IMGP2700.jpg

IMGP2696.jpg

IMGP2692.jpg

what kind of tires are those?

They are the Dunlop RoadSmart, this is my first time trying them. I switched from the Metzler because they are a little cheaper. I just got back from about a 120 mile trip for lunch about to head out again. So far they are great they are very smooth and they stick very well in the curves, only thing is they are a little loud.

Snap ! I just got exact same tyres today. Dealer in Germany supplied them. I put about 100KM / 60 miles on them today. How long do u think before they are 'scrubbed in'. The guy has no english, and I have no german. But I understood what he meant when he kept saying 'Atchung' and pointing at the tyres :)

Snap ! I just got exact same tyres today. Dealer in Germany supplied them. I put about 100KM / 60 miles on them today. How long do u think before they are 'scrubbed in'. The guy has no english, and I have no german. But I understood what he meant when he kept saying 'Atchung' and pointing at the tyres :)

After about 150 miles I was starting to build a little trust. Went on some of my normal curve runs old tires I would run between 75 - 160. The new ones I think I hit 90 a couple of times and they felt really good but I kept reminding myself new tires, a new brand for me and these aren't as soft as my normal tires. They seemed to scrub in pretty quick though I was surprised by that, about 50 - 75 miles.

always give them a bit of wear before trusting them....and deffinatly not after a rain.

Back