New Rear Tyre.

BLACKSHADOW

Registered
I need to change my rear tyre . I have done just over 4000 miles on the original fit Bridgestone. I really want a tyre that will be more suitable for touring more than sport. I have still got the original front Bridgestone and dont really want to change them both, so has anyone changed just the rear tyre for another make and what was the change in handling of the bike if any?

If your worried more about milage than outright grip I would say look at Avon, or Metzler. I think they both have a rear for the Busa that should suite you.

I changed my rear tire with a Michelin hpx sport 200. The handling is great even on wet surface.

Hi there BLACKSHADOW et al,

Recently purchased a RY 'Busa which is Pirelli-shod i.e. Diablo on the Front and a MTR24 Dragon GTS on rear.

Had Diablos fitted all round on previous bike (VFR800) and found them brilliant in all conditions including the wet.

I speed-tested the 'Busa on a favourite piece of (TT) tarmac deep in the Yorkshire Dales. Have to say I was impressed, even on a few bumpy sweepers but will wait until I cranked it up in the wet before being truly confident.

Reason for this message is that on another web Club I'm in, one of the members who works in a Suzuki dealership has suggested in strong terms that this tyre mix is potentially lethal at high speed! Hence there are also insurance implications! However, another dealer I know in my local town is aware that 'Busa ( and ZX12R) owners are doing this mix to get some longevity in the rear tyres. It's a bit like an 010/020 mix.

Wonder if anyone has heard something similar?

cheers
Delboybusa

Back