New rear Tyre

BLACKSHADOW

Registered
I have done 4000 miles on my original Bridgestone rear tyre and its well and truely. So I need a new one. I dont really want to change the front yet. SO has anyone had any experience of different makes of tyres front and rear, did it change the handling very much. I also do mainly fast touring so I am looking fo a tyre that will last a bit longer than the original. Your help would be appreciated.

I ALWAYS keep front and rear matched... If you replace the rear and not the front, put another stock or compatable (same Brand and series) tire on until you change them as a matched set.

firedevil.gif
Just my input...

If you need to get a rear keep it the same. You don't ahve to but the BT's are good tires and cheap at the moment. Worry about trying something different when the front wears down.

<span style='font-family:times'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:tomato'>I was in the same dilemma as you so i went for a Bridgestone 010 which is very similar .
Another one is the 020 which is slightly better for touring so they say ?</span></span></span>

I'm using a set of BT020, they seem to be hanging in pretty well.
I am living in the sub tropics at the moment ant the roads are always warm and it never gets below 20c.
When I move south I'll prob change back to BT012's or maby Diablo's.

Cheers
Ross
40__s.gif

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083117729 -->

Had the same situation and went with an BT 010 and love it so far. But when I need a new front I may try Avon or whatever is hot at the moment

i have the pirelli diablos, Bout 200-300 miles on them and so far love them.. Seems to pull you into the cornering easyer and faster

Back